ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio - electric sunroof & airbag light

Hey, two questions hopefully someone will know the anwser to. The most important one is that I've noticed the airbag light above the steering wheel doesn't come on briefly when the engine is started as according to the manual it's meant to. I should be taking it to Renault next week just thought I'd see if anyone has had this before.

Second isn't so urgent, the 1.4 RT model I have has the sunroof with the winding handle, is it a simple switch over to the electric motor if I go dig one out of the scrapyard? Anyone done this before? Thanks.

www.renparts.co.uk
Its probably been in an accident, airbags deployed and had the bulb taped over. Taking a mk1 clio to a renault dealer is mad, i wouldn't bother tbh, you will spend much more than the car is worth on repairs. much better off going to a small independent.

Cheers, will get it looked into. Might open it up and have a look at some point. I thought it could be the airbag battery, apparently they need changing every four years and I doubt it's had that done. Anyone got any ideas on the sunroof? If it's a huge effort I won't bother just thought it might be a good thing to do if it's a simple switch over.