ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 clio electrical prob

ph2 172
Its my sisters shed im having probs with started with the battery being chuffed so got a new battery fitted it last night, but didnt have the keys to start it, so i get back from work today and she says she tried to start it but it kept making a whurring noise then a bit of smoke come from under the bonnet, so im thinking the connections perhaps werent the best as i struggled with those crappy screw on things so i go out and try it but the battery had gone flat hooked jump leads up and found out the wurring is the starter motor not engaging tapped it etc still not engaging bump started it running ok took it for a good long drive but the baterry light is still flickering and i cant understand why? havent got a multimeter to check charge but surely her breaking the starter motor wont have broke the alternator would it? anyone any ideas?