ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio Road/Race Project

172 Flamer, BMW E46
This is my mk1 Clio, Its only a 1.2, But id like your opinion on anything else i could do.. thanks..

Mk1%20Clio

Mk1%20Clio

Mk1%20Clio

Mk1%20Clio

Mk1%20Clio

Mk1%20Clio

Mk1%20Clio

Mk1%20Clio

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not really a sticker man to be honest matey.

If that was my car, i'd be taking all the stickers off, binning the sub and the ''Jap'' exhaust and lowering as low as it would go. Its not a fast car, so in my personal opinion, theres no point in trying to make it look fast. (I'm really old and have done all the stickers and loud exhausts when I was younger and I now realise the error of my ways... lol)

Where in Bristol you from?

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Fair enough, and nah need some music! Im from yate.. i work in S J Cooks Renault in kingswood, yourself?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fair enough, and nah need some music! Im from yate.. i work in S J Cooks Renault in kingswood, yourself?

Do you?? I worked there for 7 years! lol. I'm guessing you're in the workshop?

I now own a car sales garage in Coalpit heath.

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Ha yeah my Uncle owns the place! :L did you work in sales? and yeah im in the workshop, know a lad called Paul Clarke?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pauls a good lad. Got a lot of time for him. Infact I had a lot of good friends from working there, a really nice place to work.

(although theres a few i'd gladly punch in the throat! lol)

172 Flamer, BMW E46
i think i seen ur misses go past our place yestarday, Private plate on it, was in ur 200 cup.. paul sed he knew the bloke who owned it.. :L Small world! haa that williams is wicked!:L still got that mk1 with a 172 in it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The grey mk1 172'd engine thing is still in the garage yeah. But I'm moving in a minute so on the lookout for another garage as I don't want it getting wet! lol.

Its pretty much finished now too. Just need to get it all aligned and a new screen fitted then I'mm going to hammer the 2011 track days! :D

172 Flamer, BMW E46
haa mint! i was thinking of doing something like that with mine, like a 172 or valver engine or something :L .. ur 200 cup is nice asweel , looks good with ur misses plates on it aswell :p :D

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
How are you buckets so low? Can you see over the steering wheel? lol Looks aight to me, seen a lot worse, not a fan of rhte show cage, the pipings far too big

i think it looks nice and i don't ever like mk1s
but if it was mine id take the big rs stickers off the side but leave the smaller ones

172 Flamer, BMW E46
The bucket seats are just placed in atm, as im still waiting for the sliding subframes to come, also waiting for harnesses to come, but im a bit stuck on where to mount them ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a K-tec show cage (same as yours) and some Cobra sliding subframes all sat in work, you could have had it all cheap!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah but I want to get rid of it all together really as i'm moving out end of this month.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
tbh dude, as a mk1 fan,
im not liking most of it, mainly because youve called it a race build! (i stripped a 1.2 and had buckets, but id NEVER claim it to be a race build, just call it your own build, race implies engine work and weight saving mods lol)

show cage?
sub?
stickers?
WILLIAMS STICKER?? SRLY? ive got a big thing about people putting 172, sport, or williams badges when theres nothing to back it up!

in all, the interior looks nice, but not a big fan of the stickers in all,

get the stickers off, and get at least an F7P/R engine in it, and maybe try to mod a valver bonnet to fit! then it will look good, different to to have it all done to a ph3!

HBT 172 Cup
Stocky kid, mousey brown hair, rides a motorbike??

Lol nope thats definately not him, he lives in Yate has a tidy Williams 1 and Williams 2 (of which ive spent far too much time underneath fixing the c***ing thing). Used to work with him, he used to be the owner of a large cruise website (swcruise), i would expect the OP to know of him :p

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
tbh dude, as a mk1 fan,
im not liking most of it, mainly because youve called it a race build! (i stripped a 1.2 and had buckets, but id NEVER claim it to be a race build, just call it your own build, race implies engine work and weight saving mods lol)

show cage?
sub?
stickers?
WILLIAMS STICKER?? SRLY? ive got a big thing about people putting 172, sport, or williams badges when theres nothing to back it up!

in all, the interior looks nice, but not a big fan of the stickers in all,

get the stickers off, and get at least an F7P/R engine in it, and maybe try to mod a valver bonnet to fit! then it will look good, different to to have it all done to a ph3!

+1

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
hi laine ive heard that name before i think one might be up for sale?

give the kid a break hes only 16 not like he got money coming out of his ass to do a conversion