ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio Road/Race Project

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Was Thinking of getting some black angel lights aswell, whats ur thoughts ? :)

I've got some fitted to mine, dont bother, they look far too googly, and the angels consist of 4 501 bulbs in each ring, looks like 4 dots rather than a ring.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sorry didnt realise you were only 16,

perhaps not an engine just yet,

imo, steer clear for any styling mods that wernt originally featured on a renault, (lexus lights and such)

get the sitckers off, lower it a large amount, get an exhaust,
perhaps sort out the holes in the bumper.

if youve got the money for some angel eyes,
save it and get the sabelt renault sport steering wheel! itll be much better :)

172 Flamer, BMW E46
struggler... Its already lowered to the max, 60mm, and the front bumper is now meshed where the holes are, and its got a powerflow straight threw decat exhaust so thats done too, oh and for the steering wheel its got a polished valver wheel ;) :)

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Ohh and savi, i think ur lights look pretty good, i think they will finish off the front of the car as they are black aswell..

172 Flamer, BMW E46
"Savi" Where bouts did you buy your front lights from? Ifve just bought same spoiler as yours Getting it done in white, They easy to fit?

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
You can buy mine if you want? i've got a set in chrome which are going to be completely black with a CAF built in. £60+ delivery for mine.

Got my spoiler from ebay, had screws in it already. Put masking tape over where the spoiler would sit, marked up where the screws went in, then drilled wholes after marking it up. Then had to angle grind the inside strengthening to get to the screws and tighten them up with bolts. Also used a glue/sealant aswell. I'll be changing my spoiler to a valver one aswell, mine doesnt fit as nice as it should

172 Flamer, BMW E46
i was after a black set really :p and ah right, i just got the same one you got, hopefully put it on monday :D

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
struggler... Its already lowered to the max, 60mm, and the front bumper is now meshed where the holes are, and its got a powerflow straight threw decat exhaust so thats done too, oh and for the steering wheel its got a polished valver wheel ;) :)

LOL at "to the max"
people have no creativity now days!

img0026kt.jpg

^^ that is lowered to the max, when you hit speed bumps and your anti roll bar hits the chassis rails! no when youve bought 60mm lowering springs :p

what im trying to say is, imo it could and should go lower! and as for mesh front grill :S i refer back to my "only use OEM+ (renault) styling parts"
it looks like youre on the right track,
just loose the stickers and it will go up 10x in my books!

172 Flamer, BMW E46
What's wrong with the sub, and why would I want to put the standard interior back? Wud be pointledd wouldn't it...

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
and because of that, i dont like it, and probibly never will :( stickers make it look far to chavy and the "williams" sticker made jesus kill a puppy!

have you thought perhaps there's a reason why nobody else has done the sticker thing??

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
Not the worse car iv seen but, IMO, the stickers ruin it, it would look brilliant if you removed them and mybe lowered it a bit more, but each to there own and if you like it thats all that matters, btw im lookin for a showcage for my mk1 the now, where did u get urs and how much?? I can only find full, race spec cages online :(

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
What alloys are those in the pic on page 1? I've got a set of them on my ph1 from burpspeed. All he said is that they were speedlines.

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Yeah might take the stickers off one day, but atm I like them, and there 15" speedlines off a valver refurbed in white,I've not got the centre caps tho, look better without, oh and i got my show cage and strut brace from ktec mate, like 800 for both mate

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
What alloys are those in the pic on page 1? I've got a set of them on my ph1 from burpspeed. All he said is that they were speedlines.

Speedline Vega's
as said, off the ph2 valvers

i defs like the white and black contrast of the wheels and body,
orange drums do nothing more than draw attention to lower spec brake set ups also!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
I was saying i'm selling my black pair, and i'm painting my chrome ones black so i can use them... PM me if your interested

172 Flamer, BMW E46
well might aswell make them look better than boring brake dust colour ? only a 1.2 no one is expecting Brembo's all round are they ? ?

and okay savi, ill give you a message :)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Fits on with the car, orange sticks out....

Silver basically keeps them looking new, but black blends them into th arches so harder to notice

172 Flamer, BMW E46
i want them to be noticed, and i want them to stick out, hence the orange? also ties in with boot struts/sub/amp.