ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Engine Transplants

Ph1 172 & others
Hello all,

must admit its been a while since i posted on here glad to see everything still flowing along nicely.

Anyhow, i've been offered a Mk1 Ph3 1.2 (a vary rare find in NZ!) and the engine is a bit of a dog. Its done a fair few miles and its not been overly looked after but im tempted to buy it for its rarity and the fact i really miss my old Mk2 Ph1.

I also have an SR20DET head from a Pulsar GTi-R in the shed and im wondering about getting an FWD SR20 block, re-building and putting in the Clio. I know the F4R / VAG 1.8T conversions have been done but has anyone done an SR20 conversion or is it conceivably possible?? 250bhp in a Mk1 would be fun :p

I dont want to use it everyday, i have my Silvia for that but im thinking of using it for local sprint / hill climb events in winter where the RWD Skyline wouldn't be quite so competitive...

Any Thoughts?

Nice to be back.

James

Anything's possible if you throw enough money at it! lol

How big is the engine relative to an F4R/F7R/VAG lumps?

Two things I would do would be i) swap the hideous girly front end for a Ph2 valver/williams bonnet, lights and grill, and ii) get it Williams widetracked if you're trying to put that much power down! lol

Ph1 172 & others
to be honest mate getting parts for it over here are going to be near on impossible. Clio's simply do not exist here. Although having said that i do have a container full of stuff back in the UK so i could ship some parts over in there. But to be honest i think its a phase 2 anyway, or maybe even phase one.

I would think it probably would fit because the SR20 block isnt that big

This is it anyway, if it goes ahead im gonna leave it on steelies :D How much am i looking at for a Williams widetrack?? im assuming its just the axle?

tmclio.jpg

Valver
For widetrack u need:

Williams or renault 19 16v wishbones
Williams shocks (can use williams or 16v springs)
Williams driveshafts (can use a renault 19 16v driveshaft but only the passenger side one, drivers side must be williams)
Williams or renault 19 16v ARB+mountings