ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

M

mini-valver

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Looks mint dude! Gearingis mega short too :D

Wiper wise, tried a new stalk if everything has power? Bypass the stalk and see if the motor runs....

Looks mint dude! Gearingis mega short too :D

Wiper wise, tried a new stalk if everything has power? Bypass the stalk and see if the motor runs....

yeah....tried that....the motor has 5 wires.....Perm live, earth, and three others. I left perm+earth connected all the time, and tried giving the other three live one by one....nothing happened :S

tried another wiper mech/motor too, nothing?!

i think its to do with the two ignition lives on the stalk not getting power, but im not sure and its raining now :(

320d

That box is short isnt it. The limiter gets a good work out in 1st doesn't it ;) I'm sure you'll get used to it soon though.

Nice to see it back on the road.

RB 182 Cup

Awesome work!

Glad you finally got it all sorted, and back on the road!
icon14.gif

just about to leave for the marham weekend....done 300 miles test driving and all seems in order.....will see if it lasts the weekend now ;)

Bumder With A Buffer

Il take some pics and video on Sunday when im there.......if its still alive ;)

Peugeot 308

FoXy - been reading the thread constantly and thinking about this conversion myself, would you say its really worth the hassle? car sounds wicked btw :cool:

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

jord mate i took the top mounts off for you last weekend so if you still want them let me know :)

i broke my wrist on sunday too which is why i havent contacted you sooner :dapprove:

Williams

Sounds quality buddy!

Cheers for the tip on my speedo cable, it worked a treat!

Whiteley, im twice as quick as you to 100 ha!

Basically im hating the engine on the valver box, unless something else is up with it.....it pulls to 120mph in 5th with ease, well to the red line in every gear with ease tbh!

Bounces off the limiter at 120 and wont go anymore....pulls stupidly well out of the corners though (when it gripped.....lol)

320d

Could you not use a Cup or Ph1 box? I'd prefare slightly longer ratio's, the car has more than enough bhp/ton to deal with the longer ratio's.

LY 182

im liking the sound of that to be honest... might see if i can get hold of a valver box for mine

TVR Cerbera

Basically im hating the engine on the valver box, unless something else is up with it.....it pulls to 120mph in 5th with ease, well to the red line in every gear with ease tbh!

Bounces off the limiter at 120 and wont go anymore....pulls stupidly well out of the corners though (when it gripped.....lol)

mmmm not that quick when you weren't driving f0xy!

[YOUTUBE]vJIMRSiid80[/YOUTUBE]

Seized valver FTW

pulling away after that corner ;)

will see what its making when its rolling roaded in a week or so!

Audi TT 225 Quattro

hmm does'nt sound right, i was able to get 140 out of my old jb3 ( valver box ) with the f7r, 140 @7k dead on. in your vids it sounds like the car is hitting the limiter way to early......

Valver turbines sprayed orange on friday before I left for marham...

still got the powdercoated williams wheels in satin black which are the normal set...

'92 172, Lotus Elise

if it *is* a valver box, then to redline at 120 (gps) you'd have to have a 6000rpm limiter :S

its 120 GPS yes....so RS Tuners fucked or out?!

I cant tell off the rev counter as ive not adjusted it yet

'92 172, Lotus Elise

can u connect the blue ones clocks to test the rev counter as they're untouched?

rstuner shouldnt be fucked though :D

they do limit lower in 3,4,5.. but not that low!

all i know is 4th = 95, 5th = 120, both on limiter

it pulls through the gears very quickly but has no speed?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I thought your vids looked a little wierd tbh. Sounds like its got proper silly short ratios!!