ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Looks a bit nippy!

Like how well set up it looks, very stable.. how are the brakes?

Very good now the DS2500s are in, will see how they perform on monday at cadwell :)

btw, I havent forgot about the windscreen price, the guy just hasnt got back to me yet :(

some 10 year old panasonic onto DV tapes, at the moment anyway lol

It will do for now until it breaks, then will buy a HD one i guess :)

JDM Dc2

Looks a bit nippy!

Like how well set up it looks, very stable.. how are the brakes?

nah its slow :rasp: lol

breaks are stupidly good!, slammed on from like 120 down to 30mph, shat myself tbh haha

hope it all goes well out on track on monday jord!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Very good now the DS2500s are in, will see how they perform on monday at cadwell :)

btw, I havent forgot about the windscreen price, the guy just hasnt got back to me yet :(

No rush - still keeps thje flys out ;)

standard valver setup then? I had renault discs, pads on back - discs on front and same pads as you on the willy and the brakes were afwul, yet on my old valver with cheap stuff all round they were fuggin fantastic!

172's brakes are impressive too to say the pads are about as thick as an atom these days!

No rush - still keeps thje flys out ;)

standard valver setup then? I had renault discs, pads on back - discs on front and same pads as you on the willy and the brakes were afwul, yet on my old valver with cheap stuff all round they were fuggin fantastic!

172's brakes are impressive too to say the pads are about as thick as an atom these days!

nah!

172 calipers
brembo hc front disks
ferodo ds2500 pads
braided lines

works niceley with a car that weighs nothing :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

nah!

172 calipers
brembo hc front disks
ferodo ds2500 pads
braided lines

works niceley with a car that weighs nothing :)

Thats the shopping list for mine, I've got the last advosiry on the mot when I bought the car and it says all discs and pads need replacing soon - not a cheap couple of months coming up!

Literally just got back from Cadwell, was a good day, ran without problems again, around 2 hours of video to edit now :)

BUT...It didnt go without problems at the start...Got around 15-20miles from home on sunday, went to overtake someone on a duel carriageway, and the car started spluttering, thought here we go again :rolleyes:

Pulled over, fuel pump fuse in the engine bay had gone. Put another 30amp in, started fine, drove 50 yards and it cut out again! So again, put another fuse in, turned ignition on, popped straight away. Anyway, still had a 2 hour drive ahead of me to cadwell.

Phoned the RAC, came out, ran the pump off a battery pack to see if it was OK, it was running fine...But every time it was re-connected it would just pop fuses...RAC man thought it was wiring, had the dash off and checked a few things, all seemed fine, well it had to be because I hadnt touched any of it!

Anyway, by this point I had asked someone to drive back home to get my spare fuel pump, just incase it was that. Lucky I saved it from the blue valver, fitted it and it was fine, phew!

Made it there, did the trackday monday, then home today, no other problems!

Will write a proper update later...

mine was on 152k, your one is on 185k lol!

Need to sort something before that one packs up too!

[youtube]HIXuhovO7-c[/youtube]

All videos will be put in their own thread later, but there is a taster for now lol!

Fabia VRS

corr fukin hell.. track slippy as, did well to controll the spin.

Still pmsl at Nicks handbraking fail! What a muppet :clown:

Car seemed to be running well on the day.

106 GTI

Done really well to save a few of them!!

How long was the track wet/dry?

It was on/off thunderstorms all day, some real heavy downpours. They closed the circuit just before 12, and moved dinner from 12-1 instead of the original 12.30-1.30... Rain was on and off but most of the circuit dried out pretty quickly, apart from that bottom end under the trees, lol...

BMW M5 & E36

I can confirm it was slippery as fook at times! And LOL at some of those moments! Oh how we laughed at you come flying past... onto the grass!

If you hadn't kept the power on to force me to go faster just to get past all would have been well....but no, you just kept it going lol.

Few of my favourites from the pictures:

ALX_5400.jpg

ALX_7668.jpg

ALX_5487.jpg

ALX_5009.jpg

ALX_7127.jpg

ALX_6096.jpg

ALX_5444.jpg

ALX_7622.jpg

JDM Dc2

cant believe how slippy it was!!

love them pics! aspecially the one following adam haha, bet it didnt take you long to pass

best bit of the mistakes video is at the end when me n jord are behind nic (106gti) and he skids off track............ better off watching nics in car video to see why lol ;)

JDM Dc2

best bit of the mistakes video is at the end when me n jord are behind nic (106gti) and he skids off track............ better off watching nics in car video to see why lol ;)

haha, looked well funny in the vid, god knows what he was thinkin handbreaking it round that bend lol...

btw y0 bondy!

Mk1 F4R

was a really good day and there was some really good pics taken

jamie shut up you own a sh*ty zs too, bet it wouldnt take him long to go past you too

Another trackday down and the car is still running, must be doing something right at last, touch wood. Good few days once again, nice to meet a few people this time, 480bhp/Chris, Carlos, Riley, Melissa etc, and the usual's of course!

Got a lot of video footage, some is boring, some is more interesting, just dumped the most of it on youtube and will link them all in here. Few mistakes pushing it a bit too hard, but who cares, live and learn eh :boring: The last video is a compilation of all the little incidents lol.

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 1 said:
Passenger: Bondy89. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. First outing of the day with the camera on, behind drunknmunky (Diablo Red 106 GTI) for a short while.
[youtube]CxqC3UcvKWM[/youtube]

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 2 said:
Passenger: H182. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. Second outing of the day with the camera on, behind drunknmunky (Diablo Red 106 GTI) at the start. Whiteley (449 Blue Mk1, F7P 1.8 16v) also makes an appearance, along with AdamAnderton (Black Ford Fiesta Zetec-S). I have a slight off at the end after braking too late!
[youtube]qQNNez9rhLA[/youtube]

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 3 said:
Passenger: None. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. Third outing of the day with the camera on, starting behind Ryan K (Racing Blue 182 Turbo, 295bhp), eventually pass him then the brakes lock up further on!
[youtube]vdyKQXjCY3k[/youtube]

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 4 said:
Passenger: None. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. Fourth outing of the day with the camera on, near enough empty track, got a few good laps in. Made a few mistakes, nearly lost it going into Hall Bends, but kept it going.
[youtube]pH5PRciNCzc[/youtube]

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 5 (Part 1) said:
Passenger: None. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. Fifth outing of the day with the camera on, starting behind drunknmunky (Diablo Red 106 GTI) again.
[youtube]iFH-IHCXaFk[/youtube]

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 5 (Part 2) said:
Passenger: None. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. Fifth outing of the day with the camera on, continuing from the first part. I catch up to Carlos Fandango (172 Cup Racer) and Whiteley (449 Blue), eventually going onto the grass.
[youtube]5S2EQ1uKx1M[/youtube]

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 6 said:
Passenger: Bondy89. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. Sixth outing of the day with the camera on, starting in front of drunknmunky (Diablo Red 106 GTI), then let him past. Shortly after we were pulled off due to a red flag.
[youtube]nKJFqhnv0gU[/youtube]

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 7 (Part 1) said:
Passenger: Bondy89. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. Seventh outing of the day with the camera on, starting behind drunknmunky (Diablo Red 106 GTI), then went past him.
[youtube]gCm6maHrrvo[/youtube]

Cadwell Park - 6th July 2009 - Session 7 (Part 2) said:
Cadwell Park Trackday, 6th July 2009, Open Pit. Passenger: Bondy89. My Clio Hybrid (Grey Mk1, F4R 2.0 16v) on track. Second part of the seventh outing. Had a few final clear laps of the track to close the day.
[youtube]EhmeJYRApEs[/youtube]

Lastly a compilation of the incidents I had over the day, shows how slippery the track was after a bit of rain!

[youtube]HIXuhovO7-c[/youtube]

Track valver + Ibiza FR

Nice one jord, I see you lifted the seat up aswell ;)