ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk2 Clio V6 or Mk3 Clio 200

I would like..

• Total voters
Jesus. Next you'll be saying that a car needs a dog-cage before you'll consider it.

Do you like slippers and The Independant? ;)

D.

Well. You see. Some of us use our cars for more than cruising around trying to look awesome with our arms hanging out the window. I need space because I very often travel long distances, with a full sized suitcase, a large sports bag, and a couple of laptops. Sometimes other stuff too.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully that clears up the mystery of why someone might need a f**king boot in their car.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive gone for the 200 also.

The V6 is old now and the new chasis on the clio would be more suited to me i think...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well. You see. Some of us use our cars for more than cruising around trying to look awesome with our arms hanging out the window. I need space because I very often travel long distances, with a full sized suitcase, a large sports bag, and a couple of laptops. Sometimes other stuff too.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully that clears up the mystery of why someone might need a f**king boot in their car.

Looking awesome is paramount.

Other, lesser cars should be used for ferrying luggage about. :cool:

D.

Homo spec mazda
Am I the only one who doesn't see what all the hype is with the V6?

Everyone raves on about road presence but having spent a lot of time around the PH1 and PH2 I really don't get it, it's not like seeing an F40, LP640 etc its a clio and it stilll looks like a clio. Ye okay it's quite a nice car, but It still has a crappy interior.

Yes it mayyyyyy be Rear wheel drive, but in a chassis that short it just shouldn't mix, then theres the fact that they are using a bigggg V6 and only getting 255bhp whats the point in making a performance car, and not extracting more power from an engine. Maybe Im just getting old.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Maybe rather than 'being around' them, you should try driving them. My Vee is a million times more fun than my old supercharged Exige, and in terms of looks - well to sum it up EVERYONE looks. The Exige drew looks from car enthusiasts, the Vee draws looks from everybody under the sun.

And as for power, IMO 255 is about right. Never mind the fact that it's:

1) quicker than the same age Carrera
2) not that big an engine
3) producing similar power as the R32 and A3 3.2
4) Torque kicked in, yo.

Too much power can spoil a car...

PH1 V6
exclusivity go for the V6

rarely ever see a V6 and to be honest it will remain a classic as after all it was a limited edition which will hold its value and looks different to anything else on the road today!

Both good cars... but id have the V6 no question about it

CX-7,westfield,ix20
V6 for me.

Sorry but the 200 is GASH looking imo. 197 front is much better!

Would've bought one by now as a weekend car by now if it wasn't for some choice investments cropping up and the Mrs getting pregnant!!

It's either the vee or a tvr for a toy for me but the vee being a LOT cheaper than any TVR I'd want it's more likely to happen.

I remember walking to school past the renault garage when the mk1 came out and seeign it sitting there with £25k price tag in the showroom!

Corsa looking at 172
V6 everytime very rare and nicer to look at!!

also a full stainless steel zorst and you will be setting car alarms off!! (a guy with a flame red one in east kilbride does it haha)

Have to be the Vee for me as I cant stand 200's. If the missus wouldnt hang me up by the ball sack I'd be very tempted to swap the 197 for a vee.

Get the cLaguna for 6 months / a year then sell it for a 200. That way you'll still have owned a cLaguna and have a nice newish car a year later.

Personally I'd keep the Rallye, if that's what you're still rolling wit'.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I was in a similar boat, v6 or 197. I chose 197, big mistake and expensive! Get a vee, best decision ive ever made! Love it!

Mondeo TDCI 130
200 for me! I have drove both, and other than posing, i can't see how a V6 is any good for much else!!!

If i won the lottery, i would have one for the hell of it, but they only seem to dissapoint me. Sorry lads.

Everyone raves on about road presence but having spent a lot of time around the PH1 and PH2 I really don't get it, it's not like seeing an F40, LP640 etc its a clio and it stilll looks like a clio. Ye okay it's quite a nice car, but It still has a crappy interior.

Yes it mayyyyyy be Rear wheel drive, but in a chassis that short it just shouldn't mix, then theres the fact that they are using a bigggg V6 and only getting 255bhp whats the point in making a performance car, and not extracting more power from an engine. Maybe Im just getting old.

Sure it's not the greatest handling car in the world, but it can be made better with a set of coilovers & a few tweaks. I knew what I was letting myself in for way before I got one, tbh they aren't as bad as folk make them out to be.

The whole 'ownership expereince' you get with one is mad, folk still take pics of mine & ask if it's a real Clio V6. To me the fact they built it meant that I just had to have one, right from when I first saw the press pics years ago.

At the end of the day, they are car that you either like or you don't. One thing that I always find funny is that folk who sl*g them off have never really been in one, let alone driven it. The noise from the engine literally 12 inches behind your head is great, ok it's a Laguna engine, but it still makes a nice noise when you open it up..
I've had mine for 2.5 years now, one thing will make me sell it, another one :D

Meg 250/E36 Touring
I'd go for the V6.

Never driven one (properly) and would simply like to know what they are like.

And to say 'I've owned a Clio V6' in the same way I'd love to say 'I've owned an Avantime!'

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Only ASWs own V6s..
Knowsit ;). I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the fact that people are fascinated by the Vee. However, in other instances I'm of course worried that it'll get damaged when I leave it somewhere because it stands out. However, I don't drive down the road thinking "ooohhh ... look at me"!

Car parks tho' ... you should see my car!

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique

255bhp through the rear wheels of a Clio is plenty. Its a 3.0L V6 wedged into a car the size of a hot press!! I drove a Ford Mustang in America this year and thats a 4.0L V6 with RWD and only 210bhp in a car that weighs more and handles like a 747 Jumbo Jet. Id call the Mustang a big disappointment and the Clio just about spot on tbh

I'd go for the V6.

Never driven one (properly) and would simply like to know what they are like.

And to say 'I've owned a Clio V6' in the same way I'd love to say 'I've owned an Avantime!'

You sir are a legend! I thought I was the only one that liked the Avantime! Saw a black one a few weeks ago here in Ireland. Its lovely and yes I want one as much as I want a Clio V6 and a 197 and about 20 other Renaults.

Hello, my names Andrew and I have a Renault addiction. Its been 12 hours since I last drove one...... :eek:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I think the V6 is more of an occassion every time you go somewhere, if you're a Renault affectionado and can live with the reduced practicality and higher costs, I'd say go for it.

If you want a great handling modern car with practicality, warranty and good VFM then the 200 is your best choice!

Megane Mk4
Hmm, lets see..

One of these..
DSC_6035.jpg

DSC_6886.jpg

Or one of these..
DSC_9805.jpg

DSC_8141.jpg

Vee for me, I've been in the 200 and even though it's quick, whatever colour it comes in, that front bumper on the 200 will NEVER look right.

Not a 320d
I dont know, id have to decide whether i could afford to run the V6 and if i needed to be practical and sensible.