ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk2 Clio V6 or Mk3 Clio 200

I would like..

• Total voters
  BMW M Lite
Get a 200 then fit a V6 lump in place of the back seats. Best of both worlds then I reckon...

Hmmm, I could be onto something here. I may have to start a project. When my 200 finally arrives that is...

BMW M Lite
Or you could buy a Vee and fit a 200 lump under the bonnet (what a strange place to put it!). Et voila- a Vee with a massive boot and reasonable (probably rubbish, but work with me here) fuel economy, with a warranty on the engine too (actually probably not).

Wow, I'm full of great ideas me...

M2 Competition
Id change my answer now. 200 all the way.

Fullfat (lol) in white with cup pack, recaro's, speedlines, a/c, etc etc.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
At the beginning of sept i had this dilemma, the answer is:
DSC00369.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Think I enjoy chucking a car about too much these days to go for the V6. On that basis have to be the 200.

Impreza Type RA
Depends what you want it for but IMO the V6 will turn a lot more heads and would be the better drive!

I would definitely go with the V6.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I still think that if I wanted a 2-seater there are so many other better (IMO) options than the Clio V6. I like them, but would I own one, probably not.

The 200 is a great compromise retaining practicality and fun, Which is why I bought one after two 2-seaters (S2000 & MR2 Turbo).

Lotus Exige, 182
Tested a 200 at the weekend. Really didn't want to like it but... Compared to my 182 it is, honest to god, about 1000% better. Much better build quality, almost german in feel. Useable rear seats, unlike the 182. A nice clutch, unlike the 182. An excellent gear box, short throw and positive, pleasure to use. The chassis is terrifc, there's bags of grip and plenty of power too. Not perhaps quite as much immediate response as the 182, and electric power steering means it doesn't have quite as much feeling, but as an overall package its a far, far better car than the 182. You can see that it was designed at a time when people had money to spend and to compete with the mini, which really moved the game on.

Overall, for what i need it for - one car for day to day use with 4 seats and to do half a dozen track days per year, it's a perfect car and I want one badly. Just got the missus to win round!

Can't really comment on the v6 as I've not driven one and need 4 seats anyway, but when a similar price can get a z4m, I don't think I'd ever consider buying one.

200 for me. In black, with black speedlines, recaros and the cup spoiler. Looks pretty good in the metal!

Last edited:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
You could well upset a few on here with that opinion :approve:

I felt the same back to back against a 197, Only ever drove a 172 Clio so could not compare to the 182 - But they do drive very very well!

I would love a vee, even just a passenger ride in one gave me the biggest smile of any car I have ever been in. Its all about the experience, not just how good a steer it is.

PS 200
I would love a vee, even just a passenger ride in one gave me the biggest smile of any car I have ever been in. Its all about the experience, not just how good a steer it is.
Yes but just because you like a car doesn't mean you'd want one.

Most folk couldn't live with a Vee day to day - just too impractical !

I had a TVR 390 for a weekend back in the day - was a great weekend - but would I want a TVR for day to day driving - nae chance !

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
What colours your 200 jasey? Not seen many about Aberdeen? A white one wi a lass parked beside me at JJB Gym tho.

PS 200
What colours your 200 jasey? Not seen many about Aberdeen? A white one wi a lass parked beside me at JJB Gym tho.
I've only ever seen one other 200 in Aberdeen (That was an Alien Green cup).

White for me...

P7190196.gif

Work up at Altens and don't venture into the city too much - just back roads between Altens and Banchory :cool:.

Yes but just because you like a car doesn't mean you'd want one.

Most folk couldn't live with a Vee day to day - just too impractical !

I had a TVR 390 for a weekend back in the day - was a great weekend - but would I want a TVR for day to day driving - nae chance !

Depends on what you use the car for, but for me, if I could have a less than 3 year old car that the missus would be happy driving (we share the 197) and afford to have a vee as well, I'd have a vee in a heart beat!

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Alot of folk saying how impractical the vee is...yes compared to nearly everyone other car on the road BUT...

I can get 10 full carrier bags of shopping in mine (no joke) AND thats not even using the worlds biggest parcel shelf (engine cover)

3 in bonnet tray
1 in passenger footwell
1 on passenger's knees
5 behind the seats along the shelf

Ive got it down a to very fine art now

;)

PS 200
Depends on what you use the car for, but for me, if I could have a less than 3 year old car that the missus would be happy driving (we share the 197) and afford to have a vee as well, I'd have a vee in a heart beat!
You say that - but what about leaving the car parked etc - there's all sorts of aspects of owning "special" cars that come into play.

If I had enough money for a weekend toy I'm still not convinced a Vee would get my cash (but it would be in with a chance :)).

As for fitting 10 carriers in 5 different locations - that's what Tesco home delivery is for - haven't been near a supermarket for 3 years :star:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think the problem (for me) with the V6 is I cannot see it being a chuckable car which could be abused on a B road. Bit more for show.

You say that - but what about leaving the car parked etc - there's all sorts of aspects of owning "special" cars that come into play.

If I had enough money for a weekend toy I'm still not convinced a Vee would get my cash (but it would be in with a chance :)).

As for fitting 10 carriers in 5 different locations - that's what Tesco home delivery is for - haven't been near a supermarket for 3 years :star:

This is true, but then if I was in that situation, anything else I would consider would be equally special and so doesnt really come into it.

Also if I was going somewhere I would be unhappy leaving it, I'd simply take the other car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think the problem (for me) with the V6 is I cannot see it being a chuckable car which could be abused on a B road. Bit more for show.

Thats where you're wrong mate, ask anyone i've taken out for a spin down a B road or at the ring, Alan, Justin, Darren, Ecka, AliM etc. The car is so much more stable than the 172/182's, planted, granted mines been fettled with but it's so chuckable...(Without being stupid!)

It's more show than go for sure. RS should of given it at least 300 jellybeans!!!

260% JCW
Alot of folk saying how impractical the vee is...yes compared to nearly everyone other car on the road BUT...

I can get 10 full carrier bags of shopping in mine (no joke) AND thats not even using the worlds biggest parcel shelf (engine cover)

3 in bonnet tray
1 in passenger footwell
1 on passenger's knees
5 behind the seats along the shelf

Ive got it down a to very fine art now

;)

Love this,

As for Tesco home deliv thats for Old, Disabled or TBH fat lazy f***s who can't be bothered to get off there backsides.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The Vee for me. Not for handling (Ali forgets we aren't all ex-kart racers), the 200 would be quicker on track for 99% of people. More for the fact that it'll have more grunt, sound infinitely better, and has some 'feel'.
The 200 drives well, the chassis reacts well etc, but has no feel. None. It's great fun when you get used to that, but because of that the Vee would be more fun more of the time.
(Initially I thought the opposite though!)

BMW E46 330i Touring
What did he decide on?

For me, if it was a daily driver, it would have to be the 200. However, if it were a second car and the missus had something else to ruin on a daily basis, then a Vee. In my road it would get ruined though...

Pathfinder n 172cup
got a white 200 with cup chassie and boot spoiler and i think its better than my old scooby for sure. But my mate has a phase 2 v6 and it sounds wicked