ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph1 172

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Hi all and happy new year. My brother just bought a mk2 ph1 172 yesterday and its well nice. Been well looked after too with fsh, just had 4 new exaltos, a new full renault exhaust system and full service including timing belt and tensioner. Looks lovely in black and looks to have been lowered a tad. Went out in it today and was quite impressed with the performance. I was gonna trade my 1.2 16v dynamique in for a ph2 172 or cup but as I am geting laid off from work on the 6th I cant :( Anyone know where he can get a steering wheel for it as his wants binned. Cheers

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The steering wheels are literally as rare as rocking horse s**t. Its the only problem with my car as well, aftermarket or re-trim are the answer!

Chocolate Bar™
Or you can have a search and see if you can find an exclusive, or an RSI one as they are proper leather instead of the alcantara crap they use

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Love my steering wheel 67k on and it's the only part of the car yet to fail :)

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Steering wheels are shocking to be honest, I try not to use mine as there is not much left of it. I think I may need to get it refurbed before I sell the car.

RB 200 Cup!
some peoples stering wheels on here are shocking- think markcup's is the worst ive ever seen

1.2 16v Dynamique.
My brothers is wrecked. Really lets the interior down. Cheers guys I will let him know about the exclusive/rsi ones. Personally I would go for a momo or similar and forget the air bag! His has 68k on the clock by the way.

Last edited:
  Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Ye the Ph1 steering wheels are made of rice paper or something! Saying that they do feel lovely and soft.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who re-furbs steering wheels?

thanks

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
sorry to hijak but im interested in the above! my thumb grips are mint as but the rest of the whell is melting!!! eeeesh