ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph1 ignition problem?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
got in my car to drive it this morning and when i put the ignition on i had no heaters. so i started it and i have found out that my heaters, CD player, cig lighter and heated rear screen don't go on.

Every time i try to put one of them on the clock up top of the dashboard goes off.

Need help A.S.A.P people

Cheers

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Does the car start?

Sounds like a dead battery to me.

Starts and drives fine i thought it might be a flat battery too but i went a run for half an hour to try and charge it a bit but it didnt make a difference

Da

Less
Anything at all, or just the radio?
Reason I ask is when you switch the radio on the display usually dims.

Do your sidelights still work ok?

This is the fuse you need - F7 Radio 15A Radio, Cigarette lighter, Clock, Courtesy mirror, Heated rear screen relay, Central communication unit, Fuses and relays

Does everything you refer to apart from the Heater controls.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Anything at all, or just the radio?
Reason I ask is when you switch the radio on the display usually dims.

Do your sidelights still work ok?

This is the fuse you need - F7 Radio 15A Radio, Cigarette lighter, Clock, Courtesy mirror, Heated rear screen relay, Central communication unit, Fuses and relays

Does everything you refer to apart from the Heater controls.

When i put the sidelights on the clock goes off same with the head lights.

Da

Less
It will, it dims when you switch lights on for night time driving.

I think the fuse has gone, do you have a spare you can swap it for?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
It will, it dims when you switch lights on for night time driving.

I think the fuse has gone, do you have a spare you can swap it for?

3rd row down 2nd from the left is that the one your talking about?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Look on the cover when you went to reveal those fuse's, and there will be a picture of the one you need to check :)

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Yep, blue 15A fuse.

right i checked it and it was fine but it was a little rusty so i swapped it and the problem has kinda changed. Now the clock dosent even come on at all unless i switch on my light then it comes on but nothing else still isnt going.

Da

Less
Very strange.

Rusty you say, has water being getting in somewhere? The UCH is behind the fusebox and the last thing you want near that is water!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Very strange.

Rusty you say, has water being getting in somewhere? The UCH is behind the fusebox and the last thing you want near that is water!

The uch will be fine, the connections are underneath it ;),

Worth having a look at is the fuse holder itself, after you removed the 15a fuse look into the terminals and see if theres any rust on them, if there is use a thin file and clean it then whack some wd40 in there..

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
it wasnt very rusty just the tinyest of bits on it had a look around and it all seemed fine. Really starting to annoy me now.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Got it sorted today turned out to be a faulty ignition barrel. So 20 quid for one out the scrappy and an hour changing it and now its getting sold. So i can get my new toy :evil: