ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph2 1.4 16v

FOR SALE!!!
just thort id say to anybody thinking of getting one i would my misses who i just started going out with has one and let me drive it bout the other nite and i was very suprised how nippy it was for a 1.4 very good car pulls well in 1 st 2nd and 3rd 4th is ok as well and hers rides on 17s and is not lowerd and 2 be honest on the 17s its not a bad ride could do with some better tiers tho as were very slippy in the wet think im going to fit her my 30mm springs to help stop the roll a bit but very happy is it true the 1.4 16v is same as the 1.6? all in all much better drive than my mk2 ph1 1.2 8v

visualize whirled pe
I would have a 1.4 16v over my 1.6 16v just so I can save a bit on insurance and tax for a couple of years.

I have driven a few of the 1.4 16v's since buying mine, I did notice that mine is definatly more powerfull (on hills / loaded with stuff etc) but I'd still say go for it. 1.4's are a good choice imo.

Cars with little engines usually drive better with smaller wheels, I think if you liked the drive of hers with 17"s you'll like it even more with some 15"s fitted.

I would have a 1.4 16v over my 1.6 16v just so I can save a bit on insurance and tax for a couple of years.

I have driven a few of the 1.4 16v's since buying mine, I did notice that mine is definatly more powerfull (on hills / loaded with stuff etc) but I'd still say go for it. 1.4's are a good choice imo.

Cars with little engines usually drive better with smaller wheels, I think if you liked the drive of hers with 17"s you'll like it even more with some 15"s fitted.

As above 17"s are rubbish, get some 15"s on there and you will love it. My 1.2 Clio with 15s on was a riot, and so slow you couldn't get your self into too much trouble, in someways it was more fun than the Gti.

FOR SALE!!!
its not myn its her she got the standerd wheels but she likes the look of it on 17 and she dont drive it fast i probbly drove it harder than her last nite and i want really trying lol

Shed.
better gears, and a fair bit of umph. you dont have to rev the living s**t out of it just to get it moving like our 1.2's.

Alex, a 1.2 is more than enough to get you in trouble. They easily do 80 from my past experience as a 17 year old driver, and ive even managed 90 mph in a 30 limit, and it wasnt a long straight road as you might expect.

Know what you mean when you say they are more fun than either a GTI or even a cliosport. though i do feel that the best fun lies in the 1.4/1.6 16v clios. you can rag them without having to watch your speed.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 1.2 16v was brilliant fun, as said it was so slow you couldnt make a mistake in it. now when i take it out it feels like driving in slow motion haha

plus lowered about 100mm and that mega raspy exhaust was so much fun when punting it about.

wish i had put a 1.6 16v in the 1.2 like i planned to do as i miss driving the stripped out car, plus down a backroad once you got up to speed it was no slower infact probably faster than the 172 due to the speed you could carry through bends.

172 will be just as fun as the 1.2 tho when i get 15's on it, 16s ruin it