ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH2 Relay Key / Pin Out / Diagram?

Does anyone have a key / diagram for relays on a non-sport ph2?

Here's a pic (similar but not identical to my Clio)...

Clio Mk2 Ph2 Relays.jpg

I think one the thin brown relays is causing starting problems.

I know I can swap them around & try to narrow it down by process of elimination but it would be very helpful to know which relays are for starter motor / injectors etc. ???

I also have starting problems could you share the diagram on here?

No problem! I've used the pic above to label the relays according to the info that I've sourced.

Relay Pin Out.JPG

I can't be a 100% about the two big brown relays, it could be the other way around, i.e. Fuel pump nearest to wing & A/C fan control nearest to the 3 mini-relays?

There are some more pics & breakdown of what I've done on my project thread here...
Mk2 Ph2 1.4 Expression

This might help too...
The main engine control relay on your 1.4 Clio feeds the power to the injectors via fuse 1 (30 amp) which feeds relay base terminals 1 & 3. This relay is earthed via terminal 2 on 'relay to ecu' pin no 39. If you remove this, try bridging out relay terminals 3 & 5 with a piece of wire now try to start car.

Relay Part Numbers:
Brown (4 Pin) Mini-Relays - Bitron Part No. 8200 263 345
The above part code is superseded by a Black (5 Pin) Mini-Relay.
*New* Renault Part No. 77 00 414 484

If you need to rule out immobilizer issues, this might help...

If there's a problem with the immobilizer system, the immobilizer light will flash rapidly when you turn the ignition on. If this happens, carry out the following procedure just to get you out trouble and bypass the immobilizer until you get it fixed.

1.) Switch the ignition ON.
2.) Press and HOLD the key-fob button (keys in ignition).
***Keeping the key-fob button pressed in***
3.) Turn the key back 1 position, then forwards 1 position (ignition ON) & start car!

If the immobiliser light stays on solidly with the ignition on then you have either put a fuse/relay back in the wrong place or there is a connection issue with the relay. The light should go out ater a few seconds with the igniton on. It flashes rapidly if there is a fault with the immobiliser system itself. A solid light is usually a problem with the relay box (connection fault due to corrosion/water ingress, blown fuse, relay fault etc.) under the bonnet.

Hope that helps! I don't have much experience with Renault, I've spent years messing around with Subaru's so I'm still learning the Clio :wink:

Forgot to say... Renault want approx £18.50 each for the mini-relays! Bosch manufacture the same relays which usually retail for approx £7.99 each (brand new). Don't know the Bosch part no. But when I find it, I'll post it on here.

Last edited:
  renault clio 197
Thats some good information there thank you Its a solid red light I'm having trouble with. Some times the car is fine and starts but then it might cut out randomly and when I go to turn the car back on after this I get a solid red light and it turns over for a couple seconds then stops I'm about to have a play around thanks for the information and diagram

Most welcome! Hope you get it sorted... Here's a pic of the 5amp fuse for the immobilizer circuit (circled in white). If it's blown you may get a solid red light that doesn't extinguish when you turn the ignition on. If you remove the fuse box cover on the passenger side of the dash, just behind the door with the airbag sticker on it, there should be a spare one!

Immobilizer Fuse.jpg

Also might be worth removing the mini relays (as above) giving the terminals a good clean (also a tad of WD40 or contact cleaner in the female relay sockets) and putting them back in a different order. Mark them up first with a permanent marker so you remember which one is which.

Last edited:
  renault clio 197
I took all the relays out and unplugged all the fuse area and gave it all a clean and wd40 and replaced in the same order the 5amp fuse seemed OK tomorrow I'll swap the relays and replace the 5amp fuse for peace of mind hopefully I'll get a lovely working Clio again *fingers crossed*

Forgot to say... Renault want approx £18.50 each for the mini-relays! Bosch manufacture the same relays which usually retail for approx £7.99 each (brand new). Don't know the Bosch part no. But when I find it, I'll post it on here.

Here's the link for the Bosch mini-relay £5.75 Brand New http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Bosch-Mini-Relay-0332017300-/230856514750 I think it's compatible with the 5 pin OE mini-relays that cost approx £18.50 from Renault but probably best to check first with the seller if they're 10 or 20amp rated.

I took all the relays out and unplugged all the fuse area and gave it all a clean and wd40 and replaced in the same order the 5amp fuse seemed OK tomorrow I'll swap the relays and replace the 5amp fuse for peace of mind hopefully I'll get a lovely working Clio again *fingers crossed*

Let me know how you got on..

Lucas manufacture a similar relay for about a fiver too.. not sure what the part number is though?

Many regards!