ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 vs Mk3 weights?

How do the Mk2 & Mk3 compare it like for like weights?

Has there been a massive increase in weight or is it reasonably small?

Trying to 'work out' what the RS version will be!

There not a huge difference the new RS is around 100kg more I think. Its about as quick to 60 though thats to it s 6 speed box.

Interesting...two passengers heavier possibly then.

I do hope they manage to keep the nimbleness or dont screw it up like the Pug 206.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I have got a MKII Clio 1.6 16v and has been quoted that it will do around 9.3 seconds 0 - 60. If I remember correctly on Top Gear they said the the new MKIII 1.6 16v Clio will do a 0 - 60 time of around 10.2. So theres around second differeance........

SLK 350
Of course they're not going to screw it up, im pretty damn sure they have enough drivers in the RS division whom know enough about handling that this forum can offer. That said if its slower than the MK2 then thats not really a step worth making unless the handling is something very special.

Have to wait and see i guess, but until i see it in the flesh im still not sure about it.