ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Compatibility

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Bit of an odd question, but does anyone know if a mk3 ph2 rear bumper would fit on a ph1? As in a direct fit.

Not wanting to cut my bumper for a new exhaust system, so figured I would buy a second bumper, mess around with that, and when it comes to resale, fit the original.

Found a ph2 in the same colour for a very reasonable price, just wouldn't want to buy it and find out its a pain to fit

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As far as I know they're a direct fit. The only difference being that the Ph2 has its foglights and reflectors in the lower section of the bumper.
Ph1 foglights and reflectors are in the light clusters, whereas Ph2 are in the bumper.

Listerine & Poledo
As far as I know they're a direct fit. The only difference being that the Ph2 has its foglights and reflectors in the lower section of the bumper.
Ph1 foglights and reflectors are in the light clusters, whereas Ph2 are in the bumper.
Might that be a problem come MOT time?
I'm no expert on such things but if you've got lights, shoudn't they work?

Not a massive problem if so, just some wiring.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Might that be a problem come MOT time?
I'm no expert on such things but if you've got lights, shoudn't they work?

Not a massive problem if so, just some wiring.

Not in this case since the OP will have Ph1 lights with fogs/reflectors. The lower ones will be duplicates, so I wouldn't even bother wiring them in.

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Not in this case since the OP will have Ph1 lights with fogs/reflectors. The lower ones will be duplicates, so I wouldn't even bother wiring them in.

So I could effectively bolt the bumper on, strip the duplicates and colour code the blanks? :smile:

One last thing - the cars in the mechanics this evening to see about getting the exhaust fitted. dual tip centre..quite similar to a jag Ftype in terms of positioning. Should i hold this off until I get a ph2 bumper, or will it be fine to go ahead and get the exhaust fitted and then get the bumper?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So I could effectively bolt the bumper on, strip the duplicates and colour code the blanks? :smile:

One last thing - the cars in the mechanics this evening to see about getting the exhaust fitted. dual tip centre..quite similar to a jag Ftype in terms of positioning. Should i hold this off until I get a ph2 bumper, or will it be fine to go ahead and get the exhaust fitted and then get the bumper?
I wouldn't bother colour coding the blanks, just keep the lights but that's just preference.
I'd wait until you have the new bumper first. They could set the height of the exhaust to your Ph1 bumper and then the Ph2 may be deeper or a different shape. Leaving you with a bit of an embarrassing situation.

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
I wouldn't bother colour coding the blanks, just keep the lights but that's just preference.
I'd wait until you have the new bumper first. They could set the height of the exhaust to your Ph1 bumper and then the Ph2 may be deeper or a different shape. Leaving you with a bit of an embarrassing situation.

Very true, ph2 bumper is slightly lower but has the little dip in the middle which runs in line with the bottom of a ph1 bumper so it could be very similar but then again even a few mm can set off the exhaust and leave it either unable to sit flush, or at a silly angle.

Its odd how the standard exhaust is so wonky, from the backbox it seems to twist and turn and then end up facing diagonally downwards, and inwards.. not sure if this is across the board or if the car has had some funniness with a previous owner..I'd of imagined it would be either straight from the back box, or straight, then diagonally down

Listerine & Poledo
I wouldn't bother.

TBH, this mis-quoting is my opinion on the entire idea. Unless you actually need a new rear bumper after nudging the original, or similar.

However, here's a thought. If you're going to have holes in the bumper, why not use at least one of them as a zorst-exit? A twin-exit may be a bit too ridiculous for a 1.4 though ;)

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
TBH, this mis-quoting is my opinion on the entire idea. Unless you actually need a new rear bumper after nudging the original, or similar.

However, here's a thought. If you're going to have holes in the bumper, why not use at least one of them as a zorst-exit? A twin-exit may be a bit too ridiculous for a 1.4 though :wink:

But its got a k+n air filter so its got atleast 175bhp :tongueclosed:

I found this online, browsing the forums, this is what I have in mind

IMG_0845.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah. See what I mean about the lower lights because Ph2 clusters are different.
Late 200's like mine didn't get those facelift lights because the RS bumper has no fogs or reflectors, so all 200's have the Ph1 lights.

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Yeah. See what I mean about the lower lights because Ph2 clusters are different.
Late 200's like mine didn't get those facelift lights because the RS bumper has no fogs or reflectors, so all 200's have the Ph1 lights.

yeah - what do you think of that exhaust? I have the tips and am going to see about it this evening, albeit mine are slightly smaller diameter

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah - what do you think of that exhaust? I have the tips and am going to see about it this evening, albeit mine are slightly smaller diameter
Me being old and grumpy, I'd say leave it and keep it tidy until you can afford an RS.
The me from ten years ago would say go for it, spend thousands on it and then sell for a substantial loss before buying an RS anyway.
A few options for you. Lol.

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Me being old and grumpy, I'd say leave it and keep it tidy until you can afford an RS.
The me from ten years ago would say go for it, spend thousands on it and then sell for a substantial loss before buying an RS anyway.
A few options for you. Lol.
😅😂 I think my head says leave it, and save for an RS, but the rest of me is saying do it. i've got cliosport seats coming in july also from another forum member

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I'd just spend the money on tyres, brakes, suspension etc. with a 1.4. May take an age to get up to speed but if you can stay up there around corners then it doesn't matter. Although a ph2 rear bumper and lights would look awesome.