ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 steering wheel not straight?

2007 Clio 197 r27
Hi guys I've got a mark 3 clio 1.2L 2007,
I've had ap coilovers fitted at Porsche and had the tracking done there aswell afterwards, everything was ok then.
Recently I took it to a small garage to get a wheel bearing done, when I got it back, my steering wheel is like 45 degrees to the right when going straight an if I let go of it it pulls to the left!! Anyone got any ideas? I also think that they might have accidentally adjusted the camber because to get to the wheel bearing they had to take off the hub and I can see that the top bolt from the hub onto the coilover is not in the same place as before because there is a clean mark, if that makes any sense! Anyway any help I would appreciate! Thanks:)

182cup & 172 racecar
I suspect the garage didn't even know about the camber adjustment. If you can't do these things yourself, then you should take it to a garage that know their stuff.

Hi guys I've got a mark 3 clio 1.2L 2007,
I've had ap coilovers fitted at Porsche and had the tracking done there aswell afterwards, everything was ok then.
Recently I took it to a small garage to get a wheel bearing done, when I got it back, my steering wheel is like 45 degrees to the right when going straight an if I let go of it it pulls to the left!! Anyone got any ideas? I also think that they might have accidentally adjusted the camber because to get to the wheel bearing they had to take off the hub and I can see that the top bolt from the hub onto the coilover is not in the same place as before because there is a clean mark, if that makes any sense! Anyway any help I would appreciate! Thanks:)

get your car geometry set-up up again, most small garages don't even do basic tracking on your car after replacing a bearing... so its most definitely your geometry set up atm

Clio 182
Personally i would take it to a garage where they have 4 wheel alignment gauges. Quite a few kwik-fit branch's have them, might be worth popping down to one.
The gauges are named "Hunter" that they use, and its around £32 but it will put it spot on because they are all electronic not visual adjustment :)

2007 Clio 197 r27
I used to work at a garage and I have used the hunter systems myself, however they're no good for cars that have been lowered because you have to select your cars factory spec in the computer and it then shows you the tolerances

Clio 182
indead ofcourse if its lowered it wont help much. But you can always do it manually via supertracker gauges. But tbh once you have lowered it you will never get it spot on, just near to :)