ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MkIII Clio, Twingo, Campus, Megane?

Peugeot 306 HDi
Hey all. long time since I last had a Renault, but to cut a long story short I sold my Clio, got a 306 HDi, that died and I did a deal that got me a 206 XS for not many pennies. The XS is fine but I have fucked the bodywork (stupid accident in a car park - my first in my four years of driving and I was kicking myself) and is expensive to run and tax. I also have next to no history with it and it is on about 90k. I have come into some money. Enough that I will be able to afford a newish car and a house deposit when I graduate and find work.

My priorities are:
- economy
- low emissions (yes, I am getting a green conscience)
- bike carrying (but I have a rack do just need room for the gear)
- fun to drive
- able to cope with motorway

Doesn't need to be especially fast, just adequate. As I loved my Mark II Clio so much (in some ways I wish I hadn't sold it, but at 19 I wanted more pace than a 1.2), I want to come back to Renault and my thoughts are:

Clio III 1.2 16v or, if I stretch a TCE (05-07 plate)
Twingo GT 100 (again would have to stretch)
Megane DCI 86 or 100 (05/55 plate)
Clio Campus DCI 68 (56-57 plate)

My budget is about £5000 plus my 206 plus maybe a little more for the right car.

I'd like to know your thoughts. I will be buying between March and Graduation in July - March if the 206 fails its MoT 'cos it will go to car heaven if so.

Any opinions etc., feel free to share. Have read up on them all but can't beat owners' experiences.

Thanks, Will

(Sorry for the long read)

Peugeot 306 HDi
Good thought actually, hadn't considered the PhIII. Mappable I take it if I want to'upgrade' later, going by your avatar?