ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Contracts??

1.6 focus zetec....
Not sure if it should be in this section but o well.

Just wanted to know what sort of plans everyone's on and who with and what phone etc??

I've just found out that i put £340 worth of credit on my phone over the last 3 months and have decided thats its better to get a contract phone!!

I've heard of contracts where if you use all the free texts or minutes it can switch to pay as you go but can't find it anywhere...

Cheers

Kiza

Not sure if it should be in this section but o well.

Just wanted to know what sort of plans everyone's on and who with and what phone etc??

I've just found out that i put £340 worth of credit on my phone over the last 3 months and have decided thats its better to get a contract phone!!

I've heard of contracts where if you use all the free texts or minutes it can switch to pay as you go but can't find it anywhere...

Cheers

Kiza

My mates on that with T-mobile.

TBH as soon as my O2 contract ends I'm going with Orange and their Unlimited free texts thing.

Orange Dolphin:

£35 a month

• 900 anytime mins
  • Unlimited texts (3000)
  • unlimited free calls to your Magic Number
  • unlimited evening and weekend mobile Internet browsing for two months
  • 3G exclusive: your choice of TV content pack for two months - there are 3 to choose from and we think you'll love our Music TV pack
  • 3G exclusive: a 30 minutes Video Calling bundle for two months
  • a free Best Plan recommendation every 6 months for new and existing direct pay monthly customers

1.6 focus zetec....
Hey that sounds quite good.... any good phones with that package??

To be honest i dont even know what phone to have either... ive currently got a samsung E900 touch screen which i feking hate ;cos you have to really push the screen hard. I thought about going back to nokia as i had loads when i was at school and thought they were great.

Hey that sounds quite good.... any good phones with that package??

To be honest i dont even know what phone to have either... ive currently got a samsung E900 touch screen which i feking hate ;cos you have to really push the screen hard. I thought about going back to nokia as i had loads when i was at school and thought they were great.

I'm waiting for the new n82 I think it's called. Due out any time soon I think...?

Wish I'd have just gone with Orange in the first place, but for some reason there was a problem (can't remember what) and I didn't have the patience to sort it out so went with o2, and am now running up £250~ bills a month because I text to much, and their best texting tariff only has 1000 free texts.

1.6 focus zetec....
Hmm never heard of it mate... will look it up.

I waited for the N95 'cos of it having sat nav but never bothered getting it and now i've heard thay charge you to use the st nav.

Mountune Tractor
Orange are s**t imo, I'm over half way through an 18 month Dolphin contract and it's not £35 a month. It's £35 a month + VAT and in my case + insurance £5. I'm sensible on my phone and never go over my minutes or texts, just get the occasional download of £1.50 or so. My phone bill is rarely below £45. Having the free broadband is a bonus but if you ever have any problems then be prepared to speak to Mohammed on the phone for 25 minutes to get it sorted. Not sure what the competition is like as I've been with Orange for 5 years or so but I'm definitely shopping around when my contract expires.

1.6 focus zetec....
Yeah i got the 3000 bit but on the site it only mentions on a weekend??

Would you not recommend orange then mate??

1.2 16v Clio Campus Sport
Orange have quite bad reception apparently. My stepdad can only get a signal in 2 rooms in our house and I know a couple of other people who have swapped because of their signal cutting out alot.

Mountune Tractor
Yeah i got the 3000 bit but on the site it only mentions on a weekend??

Would you not recommend orange then mate??

I'm not sure of the competition tbh? But if you want unlimited texts, an ok phone, free broadband and are willing to spend £45-£50 a month then I'd say Dolphin was a fair shout. I live near Portsmouth and my reception is excellent.

Octavia VRS
£15 a month o2 sim only deal....but I'm still rollin with a SE W800i, need an upgrade methinks

ST
Got a Nokia 6500 classic, Nokia 6230i and i've got a scirocco too but my mate is using that just now..

ST
The 6500 is my own personal phone, the 6230i is my work phone and the scirocco is my spare..

Both the 6500 and 6230i are on orange, the 6500 is on dolphin, the 6230i is on orange business...

Great service from both tho..

R35 GTR
Don't go with t-mobile. I never get an coverage and people can never get in touch with me. Not just in my area, but I have found this happens anywhere between andover and the midlands..

I'm going to try cancelling my contract tomorrow.

Orange are s**t imo, I'm over half way through an 18 month Dolphin contract and it's not £35 a month. It's £35 a month + VAT and in my case + insurance £5. I'm sensible on my phone and never go over my minutes or texts, just get the occasional download of £1.50 or so. My phone bill is rarely below £45. Having the free broadband is a bonus but if you ever have any problems then be prepared to speak to Mohammed on the phone for 25 minutes to get it sorted. Not sure what the competition is like as I've been with Orange for 5 years or so but I'm definitely shopping around when my contract expires.
Iv'e spoken to Orange customer service many times and never spoken to mohammed, asif or any of his mates

That is quite a nice phone ollie... they said a release date yet as i can't see one??

Yeah dolphin 35 looks like a great plan... are the unlimited texts only on a weekend??[/quote]
Unlimited texts are anytime

I've been on orange dolphin for a while now...love it..

Thank You Alan someone who agrees with me. I been on dolphin for about 2 years now and love it. Iv'e also had Vodafone, o2, t-mobile when it was one2one and virgin and for where I live no one beats the reception I get with orange. By the way I got Nokia N95 and also got it for free cos of how long I been with orange.

Mark

57 Clio Campus Sport
Dolphin 35 is the future

That is quite a nice phone ollie... they said a release date yet as i can't see one??

Yeah dolphin 35 looks like a great plan... are the unlimited texts only on a weekend??

UK Release date for N82 was 3rd or 4th i think. Mine arrives Tueday. It is only avaiable on o2. I got it for free on an 18 month online 30 texter contract. (phone should have been £90 but im good at haggling)

For £30 a month i get:
- 1000 texts
- 400 mins
- Unlimited free calls to anyone on o2
- 1MB inclusive browsing (i dont think that is very much lol)

I think that is pretty reasonable

Yeah dolphin 35 looks like a great plan... are the unlimited texts only on a weekend??

UK Release date for N82 was 3rd or 4th i think. Mine arrives Tueday. It is only avaiable on o2. I got it for free on an 18 month online 30 texter contract. (phone should have been £90 but im good at haggling)

For £30 a month i get:
- 1000 texts
- 400 mins

Sounds like a good deal

Orange Dolphin is by far the best. Its not capped at 3k, well mine isnt.

O2 offered me a pretty good deal, their unlimited texts is capped at 22k!! LOL

For £30 a month i get:
- 1000 texts
- 400 mins

:eek: How can I find out what tariff I am on, on o2?

I think I'm on the same one but would like to find out before I go mental staying on the phone for hours lol!

Orange Dolphin is by far the best. Its not capped at 3k, well mine isnt.

O2 offered me a pretty good deal, their unlimited texts is capped at 22k!! LOL

Orange now limit theirs to 3000
Orange said:
The Offers are subject at all times to a fair usage policy of 3000 minutes or texts (as appropriate) each month. Usage above this amount will constitute abuse and Orange may monitor usage and withdraw the Offer from your account if the fair usage policy is abused.
Which TBH I think isn't anywhere near unlimited. I clear 3000 with ease.

O2 do unlimited :eek: How much is that?

The online tariffs they do, aparently 1000 is the most free texts you can get, and I'm finding I'm sending that many a week.

Edit:
O2 is even more of a joke:
O2 said:
Unlimited O2 benefits are available when you stay on an eligible tariff. Fair usage limit of 2000 UK minutes to O2 mobiles or 2000 UK texts to any UK network.

1.6 focus zetec....
I've just gone with O2 again as Ive been with them for a while and always seem to be good with me where as mates struggle with other networks.

Got the online 35 deal which is £35 a month with 600 minutes and 1000 free texts and then the option of unlimited calls or texts and i went for the texts as I'm more of a texter than a talker.

Got a free nokia N95 with a micro SD with sat nav programmed onto it worth £69.99 and free aftershave samples and a voucher for a free bottle of aftershave from the fragrance shop... OK deal i thought?!?

Just phoned up to verify.... I've fell in love with the irish accent :rasp:

Last edited:
unless ur all on orange atm, the dolphin contract is stopping end of jan, my mate works for orange and he told me, so either sign up to it b4 end of jan or your fked!

I've just gone with O2 again as Ive been with them for a while and always seem to be good with me where as mates struggle with other networks.

Got the online 35 deal which is £35 a month with 600 minutes and 1000 free texts and then the option of unlimited calls or texts and i went for the texts as I'm more of a texter than a talker.

Got a free nokia N95 with a micro SD with sat nav programmed onto it worth £69.99 and free aftershave samples and a voucher for a free bottle of aftershave from the fragrance shop... OK deal i thought?!?

Just phoned up to verify.... I've fell in love with the irish accent :rasp:

where is this i want it

What, how, and how much is this unlimited thing on O2?

And can it be a case of ringing up and changing my current tariff to it?

1.6 focus zetec....
What, how, and how much is this unlimited thing on O2?

And can it be a case of ringing up and changing my current tariff to it?

There is a number you can phone up if your already on O2 and change your tariff to that great deal lol... not sure if you would get the phone though

Last edited:
Not to bothered about the phone, due an upgrade in a couple of months anyway, just need to get as many free texts as possible!

These unlimited tariffs are absolute bullshit, surely they are designed for people that use a lot of texts, yet to me, 2000/3000 is not a great deal at all.