ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phone advice sought....

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
right i keep changing my mind so i'm open to suggestions...

first the background:

tied in to a contract 'till march '09
always been with vodafone - over 10 years
current mobile is crap (w880i) keeps switching itself off and haven't liked it since I got it.

Do I

1. get a cheap phone to tied me over until march then look at what's out there
2. buy a decent phone now get it unlocked and then when I move to another service provider (which I will be doing come march) I can take it with me to get a better contract deal then....?

I'm thinking iPhone, N82/N95... I've only ever had nokias or lately SonyEr's.

What's everyone's thoughts?

BMW F31
i'm in the same situation tbh mate, i've been looking at other phones to "tide" me over till the contract runs out, currently running an lg secret which tbh is a great little phone, nice form factor, just boring as hell lol.

if you want an iphone or n82/n95 i would suggest running a cheap phone for now then getting say one of those/newer model when yoru contract runs out.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I've been looking into this as well.

Like you, I'm with Voda, and I'm wanting the new iPhone. I wandered along to the CPW near me and asked one of the chaps in there for advice, he basically said that I should call Voda Customer services to lower my contract to the lowest they do (which is £15 when I checked online) because I'm not getting enough money coming in or whatever (I think that they have a rule where you can only lower it so much per month after 9 month, but may make an exception if you can't pay). Then give it a day or two to call back/email and cancel the contract using the lower line rental (which is VAT exclusive).

You will have the phone for another month, and you can get the new contract.

That's basically the advice on what I got told... I've yet to do anything with it though.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
right iphone is definitely the one - just borrowed a mated for half an hour and it's immense... well impressed with the fact i'll be able actually use it as a pda also...

just now a case of do i wait with my current crap or get a cheap one to tide me over..... hmm?