ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

modified air box

drilled holes in my airbox and modified the cold air feed sounds wicked and also gained slight performance for FREE!!!! i would recommend it to anyone.

good lad! thats wot i done! sounds proper good dsnt it. i also noticed a slight performance gain as well.

how many holes did u drill? my air box looks like swiss cheese around the side!!!

wot do u mean when u say u modified the cold air feed?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Id laugh if youd drilled em after the filter by mistake so your sucking in unfiltered air into the engine!!

i took loadsa pics when i drilled my airbox, but the camera caught on fire when i connected it to the comp?!!?

literally tho, i just drilled loads of pilot holes around the side of my airbox- after removing it from the engine, and then got the biggest drill bit i could find- about the size of a pound coin and drilled my heart out.

first time i went out in the car with it done was really noticeable around 2500 revs, really deep sound, really nice. had ppl turnin around!

i dont listen to the radio anymore, jus the engine! cant wait to get my backbox to finish it off!

greg

Quote: Originally posted by zedx19 on 15 September 2003

Id laugh if youd drilled em after the filter by mistake so your sucking in unfiltered air into the engine!!
Yeah well funny hey, NOT!!!:cry:

Presuming its resting at the edge of the engine bay away from the heat, a drilled airbox with a uprated panel filter in my view will be more benefitial than a cone filter, were only talking a couple of BHP here at the most, but its a lot cheaper. However, when you get an exhaust fitted you probably wont even hear the airbox and then wonder why you bothered!

-Rob

yea, thats why i did it robfenn, wasnt worth shelling out for an induction kit IMO when i can argubly get better and cheaper results doing it like that, it also fills the void while i save up for my exhaust and if i ever want to put it right il jus vist the scrappie and replace it for a fiver.

greg

how could you drill them after the filter on a valver? I only drilled the sides where the filter is visible. Mine also looks like swiss cheese! The custom air feed is not acutally that custom, the original pipe had come off so ive reconnected it and angled the pipe just underneath the bumper. Also connected a smaller piece of pipe to one of the holes and fed that through the bumper, coldus airus maximus!!!! getting a ktec exhaust for christmas then getting the manifold and maybe decat! Has anyone passed an mot with decat? is it possible?

yes it is possible if your lucky, or you could bribe the tester, or you could just replace the CAT for the mot

I did my service and my drilling last nite. One thing I thought of that no one had mentioned is that once the holes have been drilled it can leave a lot of room for crap to get through them down to the carboretor!! Im getting some mesh today and im going to line the inside of each hole with some mesh which should stop that from happening.

Just thought ppl might want to know!