ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified Live at oulton park

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I came in my van today big Brite water logo on the side, near that 197 in red with a White stripe down the middle

It was near the main entrance of the paddoc by the restaurant thing

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Right as it's under 2 weeks away now I thought I would sort a meeting place, I'm gonna say the meeting place just before we head in is the shell garage at sandyway lights (Sandiway, Northwich, CW8 2PL) as it's easy to spot on the main roads in from either way u come to oulton park and plus if u need fuel then there's no lookin round when u leave to go home :)

Meeting time is goin to be earlyish to be able to get a good spot all together so im gonna say meet at the garage at half 8 but we will leave to go into oulton at 8:45 (getting inside for around 9)

:)

Listerine & Poledo
How many chavs run big power evos in time attacks??

Same idea as the Grand Prix.

How many people rock up with 800hp single-seaters to go and spectate?

Problem is that even the site looks like it was knocked together in the back of a slammed & 'kitted Saxo

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Same idea as the Grand Prix.

How many people rock up with 800hp single-seaters to go and spectate?

Problem is that even the site looks like it was knocked together in the back of a slammed & 'kitted Saxo

Simple answer to that one tbh why are u paying to get into a track event and watch the spectators?? U might as well setup a chair outside the gate and save some money if u wana do that.
The event is about tuning diversity, seeing what other people are doing obviously there's gonna be some stuff u don't like there.
Might even be quite a lot u don't like but there is always something good for a petrol head to admire, whether your into stupidly powered track cars or a well looked after legend or maybe you like the different looks of a car with the styling totally changed it's all there.
I must admit you do need a bit of an open mind to go to this show to enjoy it the most but tbh why would you go to a public event for car modifying if you don't have a bit of an open mind??

Clio 172
Simple answer to that one tbh why are u paying to get into a track event and watch the spectators?? U might as well setup a chair outside the gate and save some money if u wana do that.
The event is about tuning diversity, seeing what other people are doing obviously there's gonna be some stuff u don't like there.
Might even be quite a lot u don't like but there is always something good for a petrol head to admire, whether your into stupidly powered track cars or a well looked after legend or maybe you like the different looks of a car with the styling totally changed it's all there.
I must admit you do need a bit of an open mind to go to this show to enjoy it the most but tbh why would you go to a public event for car modifying if you don't have a bit of an open mind??
^^This is true. I used to be into heavily styled cars and I owned one. I can still appreciate them when a good job has been done. I'm mainly going for the Time Attack tho tbh, plus its better than sitting round home doin nowt

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
sounds good!! i'll be travelling from bordon, hants on sat morning :)

WOW if my google maps search just worked correctly and your coming from not that far away from Guildford then I hope you have a good trip lol that's gonna be quite a drive

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
nothing properly starts till around 11. gates open to the public at half 9....

What time do the gates open?

Gates open at 7am.*

How much does it cost to park?

Parking is free of charge for all public car parks.

What time does the campsite open?

The campsite opens at*18:00 on the Friday before the event and will close 21:00 on*Saturday.

Is there Disabled Parking and Viewing available?

Blue Badge holders may park free of charge inside the venue in the*disabled*parking and viewing*area at Knickerbrook.

What happens if my tickets don't arrive in time?

All tickets are sent by Royal Mail Recorded or Special Delivery, meaning a signature is required. In the rare instance that your tickets have not arrived in time you will need to purchase them at the gate price and obtain a refund after the event by returning the gate ticket stubs and your original tickets to the ticket office at the address below:

Ticket Office
MotorSport Vision Centre
Brands Hatch Circuit
Fawkham
Longfield
Kent
DA3 8NG

Are animals permitted anywhere on site?

No animals are permitted anywhere on site. Guide dogs are the only exception.

What age do I have to be to qualify for a Senior Citizen discount?

This is based on the state pension age of 65 for men and 60 for women.

I have a Grade D ticket. Where can I find a list of events and can I upgrade my ticket?

You can find a list of eligible Grade D events by clicking here.

What is MSV's ticket refund policy?

The ticketholder shall only be entitled to a refund or exchange (at MSV's election) if an event is cancelled in its entirety prior to its commencement of the Event for reason(s) that are within the reasonable control of MSV.

Event tickets may not be sold, resold, donated, transferred or in any way disposed of without prior written permission from MSV.

DCi 100
I think Shell will probably be more rammed than a tin of sardines in the morning tbh. Still not 100% if I'm gonna go down, and where will the campsite be?

DCi 100
Not sure if it's worth going down so early then. Might just go for afternoon!

Much cheaper to take own bacon aswell! £3.50 for one there, and a lottery if you get a barm or a baquette. If they're busy more likely barm (3 mouth fulls for me) which isn't great for the money tbh!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I think Shell will probably be more rammed than a tin of sardines in the morning tbh. Still not 100% if I'm gonna go down, and where will the campsite be?

I have met there before on this event in the morning and it wasn't that bad tbh (it's always rammed after the event) only gonna be there a short while anyway but if there is a problem the plan from there is to go in knickerbrook entrance (can't remember the gate number but will get it when I drive past and also get a post code) here's a site map though it people need to print it out http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/images/circuits/oulton-circuit-large.pdf
Also when u say camp site do u mean if u wana stop over Friday night or the area we park in when we get there??

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Much cheaper to take own bacon aswell! £3.50 for one there, and a lottery if you get a barm or a baquette. If they're busy more likely barm (3 mouth fulls for me) which isn't great for the money tbh!

It's upto u if ur comin we can leave a space for u to join us if u want?

And ye I'm gonna take my own for the day with them mini BBQs to cook stuff on :)

DCi 100
I was just interested where they'd put a set campsite without the park. Sure people will be staying over fri/sat from testing or whatever. No point in staying over unless it's a big group

I'll know if I can get fri/sat off work on monday, may be a matter of finishing work at 2am and then a bright and early start! :dapprove: Will see then.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The camp site is on the opposite side of cascades to where we will be parked up but I cant see a price for camping this time, last year I think there was a camping price option.

I actually don't know what size group will turn up to this tbh there's me plus 2 other cars consisting of friends (non renaults) then there's prob about 5 cars interested on here but could be more just not said anything.

Good luck getting your days off :) it should hopefully be a good day it's just a little diff from your normal motor sport events and car shows as its a mixture of both :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

I didn't realise David Cameron has re-issued ration books as part of the new budget..
;)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Meeting point at 8:30 am Saturday the 16th for people who want to come,
shell garage at sandyway lights (Sandiway, Northwich, CW8 2PL) the postcode takes you near the small village just down the road but basically if your comin from northwich way or manchester/ Warrington way don't turn off into the village (cuddington) when near, just keep going down the main road to the traffic lights on a cross roads and you will spot shell easily.
Chester way and whitchurch way u will see the shell garage when it prob comes up 2 mins away from destination :)

Would also be good to see what sorta numbers are comin so we can give people a few minutes if they are late instead of just leaving.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
If I manage to go it'll be a last minute decison, got quite a few things on on Saturday.
Kk I will check this before I head off sat morning for final numbers :)

1. Fastdanbar + 2 Other cars in convoy from my end (maybe more)
2. Jamie 16V & Friend

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
Guess who's here early :( Damn Subarus lol they had to make me "attempt" to chase them didn't they lol