ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mods for a Clio GT?

Clio gt 2009/10
Hello, so can anyone advise me on lowering my car. I have done a few posts on this but getting no help :( was thinking 30mm but the seller said that I would probably only get 20mm out of this? If any one can help much appreciated! :)

.....I have the GT as we'll, I know the window have slight tint in them but one of the first thing I did was have them tinted to match limo black. Makes a difference believe it or not. Just done some simple things HID kit and some LEDs in side light and interior, heko wind deflectors. Some clio mats, sunstrip adds a more sporty look but will stop your automatic wipers and lights as it blocks off the sensor. Did have some vinyl added to my roof, wrapped wing mirrors black with black wheels. Had blue and black for a good few months but recently changing it to white. Better contrast! And wanted a change.

Got some plans in mind. Which will be done when I can.

Renault Clio GT
Sounds good, any pictures of you car? My Team Heko Wind Deflectors came today so they're going on tomorrow, my plans are pretty similar to yours.. Wanting to lower mine but my dad refuses to do it because it will increase my insurance haha!

Clio gt 2009/10
Not if you don't tell them aha. :/ my dad doesn't agree either, they don't have to look at the massive gap everyday not that it bothers me that much but will just make it look better.

Yh here is the car with all my 'black' bits:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not a great pic do have some more but can't get them on my phone, this was done from a window (wanted to see roof properly) haven't really took any since I have had wing mirrors in white.

Clio gt 2009/10
Thanks :) I really liked the black and took some persuading to take it off. When I did I liked the white ....found this image online and really liked the look. Admit at first the badges in black look good but once I took them back down to the chrome it looked so much better. Didn't realize how much the badges drew you in, making the car look slimmer.

Renault Clio GT
You'll have to show me the finished result in white when you get some pictures! :) It will give me some inspiration haha!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Just as a bit of advice. Always declare modifications to your insurer. If you get caught, which does happen, then youll get 6points (I'm guessing you've not been driving long, so if you've not had your licence 2years, it means you've lost your licence) your car impounded and a fine.

Listerine & Poledo
Just stick to driving the car fella.
All the moneyon lowering etc. will be much more useful when poured into servicing, tyres, fuel, tax, insurance etc.
I get that you're keen to be "individual" with your car but, quite frankly, you'd be more individual if you kept it standard :)

Listerine & Poledo
Yep, nobody listens to sense until it's too late and they're selling their modified car for 20% less than the going rate for an unmolested example with full dealer service history.

Clio 182 Cup
Proper tyres > Lowering springs - That's my advise.

A decent performance set of tyres will make a much bigger impact on the driving experience than throwing lowering springs on what are effectively comfort spec shocks!!

Renault clio mk3
Not if you don't tell them aha. :/ my dad doesn't agree either, they don't have to look at the massive gap everyday not that it bothers me that much but will just make it look better.

Yh here is the car with all my 'black' bits: View attachment 120976 View attachment 120978
Not a great pic do have some more but can't get them on my phone, this was done from a window (wanted to see roof properly) haven't really took any since I have had wing mirrors in white.
What way does the badge come off too spray them can't find any videos but I'm going too assume they are the same as a peugot 207 that you need to screw a couple screws out too remove it?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Both haven't been online for years, so not sure if they'll be able to answer your questions.