ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco Blue TLC

"Navy" N17 TWO
After previously having a black dci, the range of polish/pads in the shed is HUGE!

I tried PC'ing the Monaco today for the first time with my usual combo I preferred on the Pearl Black;

Menzerna Intensive Polish/Powergloss, followed by Menzerna Final Finish on Sonus SFX 1 &2 pads
Then buffing off with Ultra-plush buffing towels

After spending the guts of an hour on the bonnet alone -doing smaller sections at a time due to the weather;

I'm still getting some of those dreaded "cobweb" swirls :dapprove: - any ideas how to beat these?

Any reccomendations on a polish/pad combination for the Monaco Blue would be of great help too

Trev

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I have a Monaco 172 and have no problems with getting spot on results.

Menz IP on yellow/white SFX pad - make sure you break down the polish enough.
Menz FF on white/blue SFX pad - doesnt make a massive diff if you've done 1st stage well
Sonus Paintwork cleaner on white/blue pad
2 x Jeffs Acrylic Jett Trigger
2 x Victoria Concourse Wax

Have you tried going over the 'cobwebs' with the 4" yellow pad?

Monblue bombay badboy!
clean it, love it , drive it and always park in the shade cant see the swirls then;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Only reading this now, out at the car all day..

JMR - Menz IP done today on a SFX-1 pad
Didn't bother with the FF, got dark so just left it at that, see what it's like in the morning :)

clean it, love it , drive it and always park in the shade cant see the swirls then;)
good idea that
Did that since I got it ;)
Time now to bring out the colour and see what suprises I have lurking around to add to it lol

106 GTi
Have you got a Halogen light to use ? Neighbors gave me funny looks when I was using mine in the sun the other day, but proper lighting is the only way you can inspect the work area and your progress.

As others have said sound like you need to work the IP more. Which version of IP you got ?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah I have a halogen light, was using the sun alone today as it was hot & bright!
I've got powergloss and the normal IP :)

106 GTi
Normal IP PO91L tends to dry out before it does it's job on a warm day, I am thinking you are not getting longer enough work times with it. Worth looking into PO85RD 3.02. Worked for me last weekend even on a warm day that I would noramlly have decided against doing any polishing on but had to take advantage of. Also on a Blue car.

IMG_0795.jpg

PO85RD 3.02. and Menzerna Final Finish (PO 85RD)

Still use the lights in Sunlight to inspect, as it allows you to alter the range of the light on the panel and avoid missing anything that is going to annoy you next time you see it under the sun or under the petrol station lights.

I am not a fan of Powergloss by PC a little bit to harsh for it, can only get it to work here by 4 inch spot pads.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Looks great rich! I found that with the older Menz, needed a good spritzing mid polish! I'm tryin a new polish next weekend that the body shop gave me (3M)

106 GTi
Cheer Ali.

Yeah the PO91L tends to need some QD to get the required work times out of it on warm days for sure.