ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

money to spend on geting more power!

S3, Polo
Really? IMO and in a driving context a 1*2 is not more fun than a VXT.

Entry/ exit is however easier - ergo, more "fun". Maybe that's what you meant?

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
i drove a vx220t, thought it was a sardine can (except fibreglass) handlings not all that in it either quick tho.

i expect a elise to be so much better, it is a vauxhall afterall

ANYWAY,

to the OP? dont bother going forced induction, NA all the way

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Decent set of coilovers with a Geo setup, Limited slip diff, and a set of cams+remap if you have enough money left in the budget. Will equal one sorted little clio.

S3, Polo
i drove a vx220t, thought it was a sardine can (except fibreglass) handlings not all that in it either quick tho.

Really? :S Mine had it's geo sey up properly, maybe that made the night and day difference with the Clio...

i expect a elise to be so much better, it is a vauxhall afterall

You do know that the S2 Elise and VXT are/ were *very* similar cars, made in the same Lotus factory in Hethel, don't you Dave? :S

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
Its nothing to do with how easy the car was to drive the clio felt more fun on normal roads the VX however im sure would be better on track I owned both for around 8 months just my thoughts its not all about speed at the end of the day its how the car makes you feel and for me a could have more of a giggle on in the clio and dave is right the handling is not that great way more understeer than there should be

Really? IMO and in a driving context a 1*2 is not more fun than a VXT.

Entry/ exit is however easier - ergo, more "fun". Maybe that's what you meant?

S3, Polo
Like I said:

Mine had it's geo sey up properly, maybe that made the night and day difference with the Clio...

They left the factory with a bias towards understeer - Vauxhall apparently wanted to err on the side of caution.

With a correct geo setup (a £100 'mod'), the car became sharper and vastly more involving.

Almost a shame that you've owned such a car and not tried it at it's best? All I can say (without malice) is "unlucky" :(