ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monster Turbo Detailing Thread

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
First off, a massive thanks to mr chris for putting up with me skippin about like a child all day and generally getting in the way. and also for taking the time to sort the car for me, its sat out the back of mine now in the rain, sheeting and beading like a f**king beauty 8)

right on with the silly long thread, warning 44 photos so please be paitient, shouldnt take too long to load tho as i reduced them all to 640 by whatever pixels, round about 100kb a file so with luck a speedy load up! :p also no cheating and scanning the thread, lots of comments and info between pics so read on u lazy buggers :wink:

The day was monday, the panic rose in me as i opened the curtains...would it be dry...it was!GAME ON! arrived in sutton at about 8am with the car in this muckyish state, wasnt too bad but winter roads are pants :lol:

full view of the car when i rolled up

IMG_8555.jpg

close up of the general grime on the paint, bonnet view

IMG_8559.jpg

the wheels got some degrease and brush action, along with the arches after me and mr chris had attended to the pressing issue of early morning brew.........aero hot chocolate ftw

IMG_8560.jpg

then the party piece, not even warmed up yet but straight in with the foam lance, chris' special mix in the bottle, used to agitate the dirt free and reduce scratching etc

IMG_8561.jpg

IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

then out with the jetwash and hose the car down, letting the big bits of dirt and surface contaminants wash away in the foam

IMG_8567.jpg

quick rummage in the detailing shed of win, this is but a small selection, the proper special stuff remains in the house, room temperature is kinder on the chemicals supposedly, all new to me :lol:

IMG_8578.jpg

and we turn up a detailing brush and some cleaner stuff, everything had acronyms for their names, i was lost after 2 minutes, so its cleaner stuff till chris comes by to pick my poorly written thread apart! anyway basically agitate the dirt in all the nooks and crannies, for example rear window seals...

IMG_8569.jpg

then it was crack out the meguires and on with a quick 2 bucket method once over with wash mitts, one for body other for sills etc, hose down with the jetwash and we were left with this

IMG_8572.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

rummage rummage, and look what we find

IMG_8582.jpg

so take a step back, paw over the car and decided to start on the bonnet, work out a system that works for the car and the paint and roll with it when its down to an art and producing good results, so

tape

IMG_8583.jpg

compounds

IMG_8596.jpg

crazy bugger with toy

IMG_8584.jpg

and GO

IMG_8585.jpg

chris plays around a bit with various pads and chemicals untill he finds a combo that works, all the while checking paint depths (all over the shop, 300 microns right down to 100 on the roof, madness) and moaning about rock hard clear coat (a boast that bit him in the arse later, for him to explain lol) and we get a result, whip off the tape and see the haze disappear

IMG_8590.jpg

and complete the panel

IMG_8592.jpg

the work area

IMG_8600.jpg

similar effect when used on the rear perspex aswell which was nice, not been able to see out of it for months due to haze and scratches/swirls lol

IMG_8606.jpg

boot taped up and good to go

IMG_8616.jpg

getting there

IMG_8607.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg

and so it went, panel by panel, hour by hour, causing young chris lots of discomfort and pleased to announce, especially on the lower areas, he loves the coilovers :wink:

IMG_8620.jpg

knackered

IMG_8621.jpg

mirror like nature of it as a car

IMG_8623.jpg

and as chris continued to work round the car, i kept myself busy giving the bay a once over, nothing major as i'm incredibly sothful but a bit of spit n polish, not too shabby!

IMG_8628.jpg

IMG_8631.jpg

IMG_8647.jpg

and as the light faded, the enthusiam wained :wink:

IMG_8654.jpg

and done! buns to celebrate!

IMG_8653.jpg

and the final sealing coat, mmmmmm nice

IMG_8675.jpg

and now the results, with which i can honestly say i am more than impressed, the depth to the colour and sheen to the clear coat is like nothing i've seen, its a massive massive improvement, side by side on the areas he did 50/50 the lack of haze was immediatly obvious in the treated areas, anyway pics worth a 1000 words and all that so heres a few :p

IMG_8657.jpg

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8668.jpg

IMG_8676.jpg

IMG_8690.jpg

IMG_8701.jpg

IMG_8712.jpg

IMG_8713.jpg

IMG_8715.jpg

and finally a few late shots, one outside diddy's chippy, not far from chris' so no dirt and lookin shiney :D

IMG_8716.jpg

and a close up flash paint study to show the swirls gone, sorry had to use ur car big ron lad as a comparison :wink:

IMG_8730.jpg

IMG_8729.jpg

and then it rained and i had to drive home in it, crying a little, safe to say back to chris' for another wash and few more coats of wax, if he'll let me back :oops:

cheers again mate, your a legend and know your stuff!

thanks for bearing with me on the long thread, i wanted to show the work chris does and recommend him to anyone, hence the long ass gibber :lol:

cheers

Coops

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
f**king hell!

Are you serious?!

It got all the way there and back?!

Nooo! ;)

Don't worry fella I will give up on them jokes one day. Car is looking good... You bringing it on Sunday?

ph2 172 ff
i work with chris hes a top lad offered to detail my 172 but its far from immac so i declined. i know he does a tremendous job

S4 Avant
So that's where you were coming back from! I spotted the car outside yours on sunday and thought it must be going out for a drive soon. It looks very impressive. Did you clean the interior at all? :rasp:

Personally I thought you were mad driving through the middle of Matlock in the pouring rain on R888's!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
looks immence mate happened to be flicking through an old copy of Perfromance french car the other day and your motor was in a "tuning" part of the mag