ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monumental Cup

172 cup
Give the clio a quick clean and polish today, wont go into details cos i aint no pro but its come up ok. Theres loadsa bits ive noticed while getting round it which i need to tidy up, but theres plenty time for that. Its only sporting 16v badges as the 2.0 ones keep getting robbed, i live in an area full of pikeys.

DSC_0599.jpg

It is desperate for a front splitter, i have never missed not having one since a field ate mine last year- i think ill plump for a nice cheap skoda jobbie for now :) Wheels are due a change to as i want 15s, just contemplating refurbing them a more friendly colour so they are easier to sell.

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

Anyone like the turinis? they have 3 brand new continentals on and one budget (still got loadsa tread so i aint binning it!) Id consider selling them but would rather a swap for something nice which is a bit smaller. Any suggestions for a sale friendly colour? i was gonna go safe with anthracite...

DSC_0609.jpg

DSC_0608.jpg

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

Could probably dowith editing the photos, might do later on but its never really worth it as photobucket rapes them anyway

172 cup
Whats going on with the roof of your car, is it wrapped or is it just a weird reflection?

it's wrapped in black vinyl mate, 14months old and still perfect :)

Front needs to come down more really.

That's about as low as it goes without rubbing when it's getting driven in a spirited manner :), I had to lift it up at my last track day as it wubbed :(

it sits a bit nose down normally but the back is weighed down with bmx & jack/axle stands ATM to.

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
That's about as low as it goes without rubbing when it's getting driven in a spirited manner :), I had to lift it up at my last track day as it wubbed :(

it sits a bit nose down normally but the back is weighed down with bmx & jack/axle stands ATM to.

Mine rubbed like feck on track when mine was around that height, that's why the arches need to come out.

172 cup
No buckling but they are curbed, previous owner couldn't park for s**t!!! I've just sprayed them myself as I've always planned on getting smaller wheels, the tyres are only weeks old so I won't be selling them "cheap" :). It would be worthwhile getting them refurbed properly and making top dollar for em, I just can't be arsed and would rather do a deal for something instead.

But feel free to pm me an offer, I'd be interested to see.

ph1 172
Nice photos, your wheels looked sweet passing me at 70ish the other day.

Definately recommend 15's, I wouldn't go back now and cheap tyres is a bonus.

172 cup
Nice photos, your wheels looked sweet passing me at 70ish the other day.

Definately recommend 15's, I wouldn't go back now and cheap tyres is a bonus.

It only looked good then as you didn't get a close look at it, was a f**king dive!!! It was your car that made me want a splitter again :)

looks really good mate, i like it!

ive got some 15s in garage some oz f1's in porche gt3rs signal green wrapped in parada 2's, looks the muts nuts, but abit to attention drawing for me! lol im more into the oem look at the moment! However i might get them refurbed in another less ''grabbing'' colour as i loved the feel of the 15s

172 cup
looks really good mate, i like it!

ive got some 15s in garage some oz f1's in porche gt3rs signal green wrapped in parada 2's, looks the muts nuts, but abit to attention drawing for me! lol im more into the oem look at the moment! However i might get them refurbed in another less ''grabbing'' colour as i loved the feel of the 15s

I'd definately consider a deal with them mate, F1s are at the top of my list for wheels I want :). Turinis would be worth more in the long run after a refurb :)

Fiesta ST-3
I do very much like the idea of the black wrap. Wheels are horrid though! Paint condition is good and it needs to be lower on the front. Nice pictures too :)

172 cup
I do very much like the idea of the black wrap. Wheels are horrid though! Paint condition is good and it needs to be lower on the front. Nice pictures too :)

The roof wrap is perfect, it wasn't cheap but they did an awesome job and it's still pristine now... It would be very expensive for a full car I imagine. Suspension setup is a bit off due to weight in the boot, it normally points a bit nose down... It was lower but it rubbed when "pushing on" through corners at pace ha

Fiesta ST-3
The roof wrap is perfect, it wasn't cheap but they did an awesome job and it's still pristine now... It would be very expensive for a full car I imagine. Suspension setup is a bit off due to weight in the boot, it normally points a bit nose down... It was lower but it rubbed when "pushing on" through corners at pace ha

Yea i have this issue with scrubbing. Just going to get a lower prof tyre :)

172 cup
Yea i have this issue with scrubbing. Just going to get a lower prof tyre :)

Well my arch liners have been stripped back as much as I dare, the profile tyres I have are about as low as I'd go without compromising other things... So it's lifted suspension until the 15s arrive :)

172 cup
Had a play with a few of the photos on my why-ayePhone, Im set on having these wheels refurbed then selling em... They are getting done at the end of the month.

2db8bb23.jpg

4a3857e2.jpg

be00440a.jpg

Couple of BMX ones thrown in randomly, cool little app for when I cant get on the computer :)
7e76b57f.jpg

e1a0a4c8.jpg

172 cup
Mine pretty much lives in the back, I don't get to spend much time riding these days so take any opportunity I can. Those photos were of an old nokia I think :) Coloursplash was the app I used.

172 cup
looking good im amazed ive never seen them wheels about

I'm about sunderland quite often tbh bud, we could do with organising a meet as there seems to be a lot of people posting in this thread alone... Theres quite few on here who use saxp/106owners who could be hooked in to :)

Saw another 172cup in boro yesterday, he flashed me at the lights pulling onto the A66... Are you on here?

arctic 182 ff
i know a couple of lads from saxp,i dont own a clio any more :( but still keep an eye out for other members and am still on here quite oftern.