ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Arghh, wish I had kept my V6, life got in the way unfortunately, they are such a great car, did you buy it brand new? Is it standard other than the wheels?

Bought it a year old. A few mods done: H & R coilovers, Recaro Pole Position seats, Orbisoud exhaust and the Trophy magnesium wheels.

... and he still regrets doing it although it needed to be done at the time. Hence why I bought another

Plus is onvious to see she has a much better owner now :wink:

You did all the hard work pal and I honestly couldn't believe how well it drove compared to all the others I test drove. I went all the way down to Wales to look at one with 60k on it and it drove like the wheels were about to fall off!!! Terrible. So thank you :)

Great updates, that new spoiler on the storm grey looks excellent, nice little subtle improvement there........... as for the RB however. YES! :cool:

Looks a great example to have as a daily and the drop looks perfect!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Great updates, that new spoiler on the storm grey looks excellent, nice little subtle improvement there........... as for the RB however. YES! :cool:

Looks a great example to have as a daily and the drop looks perfect!

Thanks Steve, yes the storm spoiler is great and really grown on me.
Yep the racing blue is coming along nicely but still has a few jobs to finish it off.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
My word My Mossy... you HAVE been busy..! Great work as ever..! Makes me think that perhaps my little collection ought to be a little more varied lol.

Looking forward to seeing you guys at ORS in a few weeks.

Well done..!! :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
My word My Mossy... you HAVE been busy..! Great work as ever..! Makes me think that perhaps my little collection ought to be a little more varied lol.

Looking forward to seeing you guys at ORS in a few weeks.

Well done..!! :smile:

Thanks Shaun mate :) yes never ending!!
I need to get my ORS tickets sorted pal. It will just me and the little'un this year though as Carmen is away elsewhere.
All the best mate.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
So a few updates:
RB Clio:
image.jpeg

A few parts bought:
Front Brembo pads (HC discs already on and very new).
Rear Brembo pads (rear discs brand new at time of purchase).
Powerflex inner ARB bushes.
Standard outer ARB bushes.
Track rod ends.
Bottom ball joints.
Upper powerflex engine mount.
Powerflex Dogbone mount.
Passenger side steering rack gaiter.
Handbrake cables.

In order to replace the ARB bushes I dropped the entire ARB:
image.jpeg

A lick of paint:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reinstalled the ARB and not to bad using a pair of grips and a prising bar. Also fitted news bolts all round.

Bottom ball joints fitted and track rod ends. Upon removing the old bottom ball joints I found somebody had actually fitted the incorrect 10mm holed ones. 12mm now safely fitted.
image.jpeg

Split gaiter rubber replaced:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Front brakes sorted with a fresh coat of paint. Pads were ceased in the holders and the sliders ceased - now all sorted :)
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Currently on with rear brakes BUT so far my recently bought ECP handbrake cables had to be returned - yes they don't fit - outer sheaf is 20mm to short - apparently since they bought Pagid out they have gone back to the old design!! I am currently waiting for genuine Renault ones from Renault Parts Direct to arrive.

Also discovered the drivers side rear caliper handbrake lever to be broken - got a replacement ready to go but waiting on the handbrake cables to arrive.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
RB 182

Wheels

Old wheels with mismatched tyres sold:
image.png

New standard wheels with Michelin Pilot tyres bought:
image.png

Outer powerflex ARB bushes bought (but not fitted yet):
image.png

Replacement gearbox mount bought (not yet fitted - standard bought to keep down the vibrations):
image.png

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That's a nice touch selling one set of wheels and getting a new set for ALMOST the same price, especially with those tyres! :up::up:

Yeah winner there

Thanks you 2, the top wheels came with the car and had mismatched tyres and saw these on eBay so put an offer which was accepted, so came together nicely :)

You're a proper wheeler dealer Paul[emoji16][emoji16]

Call me Del Boy :) picked up a near new tyre for your old set and just waiting to get it swapped over and then sprayed up in anthracite :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
RB 182

REAR BRAKES:

New Brembo pads, genuine renault handbrake cables and a replacement drivers rear caliper.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And a coat of paint:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
picked up a near new tyre for your old set and just waiting to get it swapped over

Finally got my replacement tyre fitted on my set of spare wheels to be greeted by this fat egg:
image.jpeg

Fortunately the eBay seller refunded my money straight away :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That's unlucky with the tyre, at least the seller was cool and refunded you though. What's happening with the RB's suspension? I see you're selling the cooksports.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That's unlucky with the tyre, at least the seller was cool and refunded you though. What's happening with the RB's suspension? I see you're selling the cooksports.

It's always a gamble with second eBay tyres - had it this issue before :(

Suspension wise I think I will be fitting my b14's to it.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
RB 182

Exhaust Cat re-seal. Exhaust has been modded at some point with the olive joints chopped and bolt in joints done but not sealed very well. Also did front of the cat.
image.jpeg

Removed:
image.jpeg
Fitted:
image.jpeg

Reactions: Ben

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
How have I missed this?

Loving your work Mr Mossy. RB is coming along nicely.

Lovely collection of cars, both past and present. Git.

Thanks mate and lol.

Still a few more bits to do on RB but it's getting there :)