ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
So the back bedroom looks like this:
image.jpeg

Refurbed steering wheel with yellow stitching
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

New door card - no dirty ciggy burn.
image.jpeg

New handbrake lever - no scuffs :smile:
image.jpeg

Oh and the must have with all my cars:
image.jpeg

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Ey-up Mossy lad..! Great thread my good man. 'Well done' :tongueout: lol... Will be watching your build... Cant believe you sold the Alien. Was hoping to show it on the Meguiars stand next year at Origine RS ya wot-not.. lol

I probably ought to start a thread on my projects... haha

Catch up soon i hope mate..

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ey-up Mossy lad..! Great thread my good man. 'Well done' :tongueout: lol... Will be watching your build... Cant believe you sold the Alien. Was hoping to show it on the Meguiars stand next year at Origine RS ya wot-not.. lol

I could be tempted to bring it to the show as it's mine now. :wink:

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Extremely envious reading this thread, couple of dream cars there, love the v6 [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

Hi Shaun mate, "well done" to you to also mate ;) yes I know mate it was a hard decision selling it but it was getting to the point that I didn't want to drive it in case I got a mark on it - kind of took a little enjoyment out of it if you get me. Plus I wanted something faster :) Selling the AG freed up the money to do the conversion on another 200.
This car will be immaculate when I have finished it - you know me mate ;)

I could be tempted to bring it to the show as it's mine now. :wink:

Awesome news. @Willliams is the man to make this happen :)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Hi Shaun mate, "well done" to you to also mate :wink: yes I know mate it was a hard decision selling it but it was getting to the point that I didn't want to drive it in case I got a mark on it - kind of took a little enjoyment out of it if you get me. Plus I wanted something faster :smile: Selling the AG freed up the money to do the conversion on another 200.
This car will be immaculate when I have finished it - you know me mate :wink:

Awesome news. @Willliams is the man to make this happen :smile:

Cheers Mossy..! Yeah, I know exactly what you're getting at mate. Makes perfect sense to move it on to be able to persue your goals with regards modifying a decent RS200. Really looking forward to following its progress and seeing project reach fruition! :)

I recently bought something with a bit of boost haha.. I'll Whatsapp you a couple of pics. You might be shocked haha..

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Cheers Mossy..! Yeah, I know exactly what you're getting at mate. Makes perfect sense to move it on to be able to persue your goals with regards modifying a decent RS200. Really looking forward to following its progress and seeing project reach fruition! :smile:

I recently bought something with a bit of boost haha.. I'll Whatsapp you a couple of pics. You might be shocked haha..

Awesome mate :) was expecting French tbh but love charged minis :)

Nice one mate. I'll be in touch next year then! I'll be going on the track with it as well. Can't go to Goodwood and not go on track!

Be good to see you and the car there pal.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How do you find say the 200 to the 182 trophy? Only ask as I'm in two minds to try a newer car. Either a 200, fiesta st or Megane 250. Cost wise the clio would be cheaper.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
How do you find say the 200 to the 182 trophy? Only ask as I'm in two minds to try a newer car. Either a 200, fiesta st or Megane 250. Cost wise the clio would be cheaper.

The 182 Trophy feels so much livelier compared to a 200. You just feel like you are constantly thrashing the 200 to get the best out of it. The 182's just pick up so early and go and go compared to the 200. As for handling I would say there is very little in it tbh. But then I am comparing a Trophy against it so has a battle on its hands.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The 182 Trophy feels so much livelier compared to a 200. You just feel like you are constantly thrashing the 200 to get the best out of it. The 182's just pick up so early and go and go compared to the 200. As for handling I would say there is very little in it tbh. But then I am comparing a Trophy against it so has a battle on its hands.
We have a completely different opinion on this mate! Lol! I find the handling of the 200 surpasses the mk2 in every area. And this is coming from someone who had a very trick chassis on a 172 cup. I also find that the ratios in the 6 speed to make the speed very deceptive, but agree that they take a bit more right foot to get them on the move though.

Oh and regards to origine Rs, I might be having a spitfire flight from goodwood next year! Lol! Definitely be good to see you there for the show though mate! And whichever one of the fleet you bring along! 😂

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
A bit of update:

Car gone in for painting to get rid off this:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And how it is looking currently:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sprayers have said it going to be a b@stard to match the colour but they said they will do it.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Also 2nd hand carpet received to replace the fag burned one! I wasn't very happy that they cut the centre of it upon removal but I am hoping the centre console will cover the cut otherwise it is going back.

image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Bit of an update :)

Got the car back from the sprayers at the weekend, took them all of 4 days :)

They have done an awesome job :) They have blended from the first third of the passenger door all the way round to the last 3/4 of the rear bumper.
Due to the quality of the spray I have swapped cars and the Trophy has gone in to get a few bits done ;)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also had an hour spare today so I swapped out for ciggy burned door card.
Before:
image.jpeg

After:
image.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one. If you don't mind what was the cost of the paint work? As seen in another thread, finding a good paint shop can be a nightmare!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Nice thread Aladin. I will be watching this one...

Hope your well mate, and best wishes for Christmas

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Loving this already, look forward to seeing what happens, loving the V6 makes me miss mine!

@mossyv6 could you PM how much the bodywork was, looks like they have done a great job have heard liquid yellow is a pain in the backside to match

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Nice one. If you don't mind what was the cost of the paint work? As seen in another thread, finding a good paint shop can be a nightmare!

@mintno1
@mossyv6 could you PM how much the bodywork was, looks like they have done a great job have heard liquid yellow is a pain in the backside to match

It's no secret - it cost me £460 but that was due to the complexity of the paint and the fact he was painting and blending on 3 panels. He charges £150 per panel.
And yes totally agree on bodyshops I have had plenty of bad paint jobs before but these chaps are absolutely spot on and like I said it took them all of 4 doors.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Spotted this in the car park this morning on my way into work and it looked brilliant! Such a nice colour.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Spotted this in the car park this morning on my way into work and it looked brilliant! Such a nice colour.

Thanks Ben mate :) car quite dirty at the mo as Troohy is in the same paint shop.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@mintno1

It's no secret - it cost me £460 but that was due to the complexity of the paint and the fact he was painting and blending on 3 panels. He charges £150 per panel.
And yes totally agree on bodyshops I have had plenty of bad paint jobs before but these chaps are absolutely spot on and like I said it took them all of 4 doors.
Thanks I'll have to keep them in mind, hopefully mine will be getting some paint next year.

What a stunning collection of cars, top work there chap........ defo worth a double thumbsup :up::up: haha did you have the V6 nearly new? That's really interesting you've had it 11 years, hopefully a keeper and not one to sell.

As for the 5 GT Turbo, any more photos? The mix of low's and wheels on an otherwise standard looking car looks great, just as i'd want one myself!

P.S. this LY is going to be a car to watch, great attention to detail :cool:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
@mintno1

Thank you, much appreciated, it's on the to do list so am keeping my eye out for decent bodyshops and don't mind travelling to find one :up:

RB Clio 182
@mintno1

Thats a great price :)