ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I am 100% with you on this and I would do that with mine but the passenger door has been sprayed at some point and we can see a build up of lacquer on the top of the black door decal so not going to be able to do it unless I respray the door 😧 which just isn't economically feasible.
Ah that's a bit of a pain then mate! Is there no way you could wet and dry the lacquer lip back, then repolish it back up?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Ah that's a bit of a pain then mate! Is there no way you could wet and dry the lacquer lip back, then repolish it back up?

Yes a royal pita :( I am doing the other side tomorrow so I will see. It wasn't really the lacquer I was worried about as like you say it can be carefully cut back and polished, it was the colour coat that I was worried about but I will see.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

This was intriguing me so been out and attacked it just now and looking like we are good to go without :smile: looks like the colour coat is the same throughout the door and just lacquered. Will be able to see better in the daylight.
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
So inspection of the B pillar showed (to my disappointment) a very small colour difference - probably wouldn't see if it you knew it wasn't there but it just wasn't good enough so:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Replacements ready:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Removing old ones:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Cleaned up
image.jpeg

Masked up just in case of any mishaps:
image.jpeg

Weapo of choice:
image.jpeg

Removing the old glue gunk - a right pain to do but has to be done:
image.jpeg

New one fitted :)
image.jpeg

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
They just fall apart after a while mate. No water ingress but it looks pretty unsightly when they flap around.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Ahh fair enough, but that still looks a very neat job and looks good, taking the door rubbers etc off really does make the difference to the finish :up:

Thanks mate and yes taking the door trims/seals makes it so much neater and professional. I saw a red 200 at the weekend and they had basically stuck some replacement straight over the originals and looked absolutely shocking!!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Been doing a bit of spraying again, lol.
image.jpeg

To swap the caps over you have to pop the mirrors out. Release the plug.
image.jpeg

Unscrew centre screw and 3 surrounding screws. Release the plug.
image.jpeg

And take the centre out.
image.jpeg

You can now see the 3 clips that hold the cap on, use a flat screwdriver to simply unclip them allowing the cover to come off.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Thats defo a win as far as i'm concerned, they look much better colour coded :cool:

Mirrors look good, the black part at the bottom helps to break it up and make them look oem asvit fits with the other black highlights on the spoiler and arch vents etc.

Thanks I did it on the Alien Green 200 I had and I think it finished the car. Wasn't sure about it on the yellow but I guess when it's all planted and running wider it will all come together.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Much better!

Still cant get my head around it.. how come you managed to get a LY 200 with average mileage so cheap??

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Much better!

Still cant get my head around it.. how come you managed to get a LY 200 with average mileage so cheap??
It's because he's built like a brick s**t house and scary as fook. [emoji23] [emoji23]
It wasn't exactly a mint example and as folklore says LY can't be matched one needing paint should be suitably cheaper. A bit of luck and right time, right place helps too I suppose. Whatever the price you cant take away the effort thats gone into it so far to make it mint again.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Much better!

Same here. Can't figure it out for the life of me!! Maybe we're just jealous...

It's because he's built like a brick s**t house and scary as fook. [emoji23] [emoji23]
It wasn't exactly a mint example and as folklore says LY can't be matched one needing paint should be suitably cheaper. A bit of luck and right time, right place helps too I suppose. Whatever the price you cant take away the effort thats gone into it so far to make it mint again.

It did look lovely in person when I saw it, but it was all tucked up so i didn't get a very good look!

Thanks everyone. It was on eBay for a few weeks before Xmas (never try to sell a car just before Xmas) with a very poor advert with poor photos, no cambelt done, a crunchy gearbox (she didn't know this until I told her on the test drive!), arch spray required - it really had nothing going for it in the advert except the colour and fact she literally worked round the corner from my house - literally a 5 min walk :smile: so I thought I would book a viewing in her dinner break. I took it for a drive and it drove really really well (except for the box). The paint was actually really clean except for the rear arch - it has zero I mean zero stone chips so I offered my realistic amount (I am from Yorkshire after all) and really dug my heels in and stuck with it and she eventually accepted it after a week off her counter offers, lol.

But yes a lot of hard work has and is going into it to get it peachy again and I am nearly there :smile:
Trying to get aesthetics done before the next stage :smile:

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Oh and just finished the wheels - again, lol.
Had the tyres fitted on Monday and the satin look paint was a little lost :( so cracked out the lacquer and brought the shine out.
And yes I said I didn't want to spend all day cleaning them but they do look so much better :)
Also gave the centre caps a coat.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Oh and just finished the wheels - again, lol.
Had the tyres fitted on Monday and the satin look paint was a little lost 😧 so cracked out the lacquer and brought the shine out.
And yes I said I didn't want to spend all day cleaning them but they do look so much better :smile:
Also gave the centre caps a coat.
View attachment 175829 View attachment 175830
They look 100x better in gloss mate. :up: