ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most embarrassing car you've owned?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
An A reg (1983) Fiat Uno

Fiat__Uno_Black.JPG

RenaultSport 172
Here is me aged 18 in my 1971 Morris 1300..............I used to have to drive to college in this beast lol
61BkMQ.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
Metro thing in bright green that was given to me.

Didn't even get to drive it because it failed the MOT on serious chassis rust. Was scrapped straight away!

Clio sport 172
My bmw broke the day before the snow .I was desperate to get out in the snow so I bought this for £170
ROVER 214 ummmmmm the worst car ever Had it three weeks hahaha

Swift Sport
To be honest I haven't owned many cars that the average Joe would consider 'cool', however my MG Metro was probably the most embarrassing...
15340740738_757e3811df_n.jpg

That would be 1999 and probably the only time I washed it, hence the picture.

Many.
I don't care what people think, so not been embarrassed.

I've had a couple of Bad cars, but generally just tatty and falling apart.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It upsets me that so many people were embarrassed to own Metro's,
I had one as my first car, it was an utter shed that was keyed on every panel,
the whole thing vibrated and rattled so much I thought it was was going to fall apart at times,
but I loved it, it was freedom and independence from lifts, buses and walking,
I think they have a certain retro charm too, in terms of style there are far worse looking cars on the road
than a Metro.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
the lift pump was knackered and couldn't supply the carb fast enough so 50mph was flat out
My steering wheel vibrated so much at 60mph it phased out of our space time continuum,
but when I got it to 80mph it went back to normal.

The first time my headcase best mate got in the car he screamed 'F*CKING SLOW DOWN MAN'!
Because the car was rattling that much, I told him I wasn't even doing 30 and he said,
'You've got to get rid of this car mate'! lol

Swift Sport
It upsets me that so many people were embarrassed to own Metro's,
I had one as my first car, it was an utter shed that was keyed on every panel,
the whole thing vibrated and rattled so much I thought it was was going to fall apart at times,
but I loved it, it was freedom and independence from lifts, buses and walking,
I think they have a certain retro charm too, in terms of style there are far worse looking cars on the road
than a Metro.

Thing is, they might be 'retro cool' now but back then they were just sh*t cars. I loved the independence mine gave me and it wasn't particularly slow either, but everyone took the p*ss because I drove a Metro (usually pedestrians lol)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Only had 3 cars so guess it'd be my first car.

Corsa B 1.2 LS.

In light metallic blue with fetching interior, I loved that bloody car at the time.

Not my car but this colour.

77f25e283c402a81841bf30e79dd7ff6.jpg

Lexus Lights
Lowered on Apex springs
Peco Big Bore 4 exhaust
Best part was Compomotive MO alloys.
funking loved mine too.
red car
black sri spoiler
TD wheels
half buckets
big bore exhaust
air filter
recarpeted interior

ended up snapping 2 rocker arms. cried the day that left me! :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
OH FFS not another one!
Metro's are cool and that's the end of it, anyone that say's otherwise is wrong.
I've had.... Uhhh.... Lots!
I loved them. I had two blue 1.0's, a black MG, a silver MG Turbo (never got that on the road) 2 GTI's - 1 spi and one mpi, and a lovely dark green metro 'advantage' with white wheels. (Google it, so so cool!)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
winning is a stretch tbh.

;)

Yeah I know mate. I wasn't proud about owning it tbh. The story was that I met a bird who lived an hours drive away and I didn't have a car. I was offered the 2CV for peanuts and it meant me getting me end away a few times a week.

It was almost identical to this one

eafcdc016843e70bcb9eb4aef199f674.jpg

I thought people with no shame didn't get embarrassed?

FLOL That's f**king rich coming from you broseph! ;)

Away to embarrass my self here just mentioning my most embarrassing car!

it was a Dark blue 02 plate 1ltr 206, with neon green wheels, a spray painted white dashboard, spray repaired front bumper and bonnet, bonnet bra, white Vauxhall astra splitter nailed on and a stickerbombed rear view mirror.

At one point after an accident i actually drove this car for a few days with the bonnet crumpled up to the windscreen and no bumper + grill. Later to be replaced by a green bonnet and a white bumper untill i spray repaired it.

Ill await the comments!