ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most recommended digital camera?

172cup
Hi Guys,

Buying a new digital camera for my hols in sept. It has to come in at less than £400.

I don't really know much about digital camera to be honest, i'm most likely going to want one where i can point and click, and it does everything else for me. I can totally respect some of the pics that guys have posted on here... and i'd love to be able to do it with the least hassle as possible. My last camera was the Sony DSC P12, and had that for years. Very good camera. Took amazing photos. Don;t like the look of the new sony's though. Bit dated looking

It's got to look good, and not be particularily bulky.
Got to have a half decent optical zoom
Must have a decent battery system (not bloody AA)
I'm a guy so like trick bits of kit, with lots of things that i can change (even though i never will) lol

Any ideas guys, would be much appreciated.

If you've just bought a new camera... what one, and what are the positives/negatives?

Thanks

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
For the price your looking at you are nearly into DSLR area.

They can be bulky, but TBH I took mine away to Eqypt with me in a purpose made rucksack and it was fine.

Nikon D40 on offer with cashback aat the moment, full kit including lense.

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/ViewPr...D40 & 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II CASHBACK OFFER

Benefit with a DSLR is the amount of options available, with alot of point andf shoot cameras you can be restricted to what you can do with them, with the DSLR, you have the abilty to change the shutter speed to get images at night, get better images of movement. etc etc.

172cup
thanks mate. I would really like a DSLR but think id get pissed off carrying it around all the time. Not rerally sure.

I bought a couple of Digital Camera mags today, to help me choose... but they all contradict each other, and don;t really offer any advice for buyers.

So still at square one.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
thanks mate. I would really like a DSLR but think id get pissed off carrying it around all the time. Not rerally sure.

I bought a couple of Digital Camera mags today, to help me choose... but they all contradict each other, and don;t really offer any advice for buyers.

So still at square one.

You may think a SLR is too bulky but My 350d is perfect its not to heavy if you get a good bag to carry it in you wont even realise that you have it,

You will be much happier with the images and features you get from the SLR, rather than a point and snap. I looked into depth on all the options available last year, and with the money that I had even the top spec P/S only came with basic features to change shutter time, apature, etc.

If you can get a 350d still you will get yourself a bargin, the 400d has been out for 6 months now and the 450d is due for release later this year. Even though its a couple of models old, there is very little difference between the models.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Oh an forgot to say, Digital zoom is not all they make it out to be, I never used Digital Zoom on my old camera, all it does is takes each pixel, and multiplies it to make the zoom image. Thats why you get the pixleation of the image.

BWith SLR, you buy a specific lense for the job, and the zoom you get on thorough the view finder is the image that you will take.