ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most ridiciolous insurance quote you ever got?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
When i first got the Westfield they quoted me £104.

I was like surely thats not right since i'm 19! She went ''no its correct.....no wait i haven't put your name or your age in!''

Dumb bint

Golf R32
Elephant quoted me £3500 on a Subaru Impreza Type R worth 9k, so got bored and changed the car to a new Porsche Cayman S worth 50k+ and was quoted £850

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Insurance companies always quote stupid prices if they don't want your business. If they just say "no thanks" then legally you have to answer yes to the question "have you ever had insurance refused or declined" and if you lie and get found out you're in trouble (and probably uninsured). So silly quotes are actually doing you a favour. Unless you're daft enough to accept one.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
£7250 GroupAMA

On my 1.2 16v. I pay a ridiculous amount but that's just extreme. The car is only worth £4.5k

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
£3020 for my old 96' P Punto 1.1 5 door when I was 18 and just passed by some monkeys, can't remember who though! Think it was Direct Line or Elephant LOL

I'm now paying below £1000 only a year later on my 1.6 16v with 1Yr NCB :)
Such, such t055ers. I bet most insurance company's directors' take nice £50m bonuses every christmas of each year... It's not hard to see how they're able to! :mad: Fat C00nts.

M

mij29

not me but my girlfriend had a quote on a 106gti about 5years ago when she was 21, came out £6500!

Ph1 172 & others
£9500 TPFT on dads name on his 911 (964) Carrera 4 at age 17 through performance marque.
However in NZ i have both my S14 and my R32 GTS insured Fully Comp for less than £400 at age 20!! i love cheap insurance!

FF cupped Arctic 182
I don't recall having an outragous quote.... but I was pretty miffed when I bought the 182 and my insurance company refused to insure me - I had already done my homework and knew i could get insurance (7yrs no claims 26yrs old).

Needless to say i cancelled my insurance and Norwich union quoted me happy with £420 Fully Comp incl Legal and protection on my no claims and a named driver :D

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Most ridiculous quote I got was a Renault Clio V6 MkI valued @ £12000 with an 18year old driver - Just passed

Value of car - £12000
Insurance - £18000

lol

Monaro VXR
£10600 on a CTR cant remember which company was using confused.com at my old address. But all cars were expensive to insure then my 1.2 clio at the time was over £3000 at that address.