ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most severe swirl marks i've ever come accross!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
a friend of mine though it was a good idea to use a scouring pad to get rid of some baked on bug splatz last summer. which it was, but it also removed paint lol.

he finally brought it round for me to tackle today.

omg, i didnt realise it was this bad!

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

after a wash and clay i taped up some sections, it soon became clear i would need a wool pad and fastcut+ on a rotary, finishing combo didn't do anything apart from make the defects shinier lol

IMG_1943.jpg

ouch :(

after two sets per section with a wool pad and FC+, then ultrafina on a blue pad....carpro eraser used between each set to make sure no filling was occuring

i managed to sort it! i reckon 95% have been removed, i don't have a sun gun so had to rely on garage and natural overcast light. but i am really proud of myself!

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

thanks for looking :D

8521d2be-5d9d-469f-b70f-df50d0440c2bwallpaper.jpg

Clio 182, Astra Sri
he will never learn, fair play i wish i didnt give a f**k about paint, life would be much calmer lol

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
At first glance Look more like flatting marks to me....

I'd say that's been sprayed before in my oppinion & had either some nibs in the paint or possible silicones

Clio 182, Astra Sri
no mate sorry, the situation is genuine. he really did use a scouring pad to get rid of bug splatz

172 cup
I know someone that did something simular. One morning they came out to find marker pen on their car, so in a rage and panic scrubbed it off with a scouring pad, got the pen off and most the paint!

good job though,your mate must be happy

DB.

BMW 440i
Did he clean his car with sandpaper?

Lol just read, a scouring pad. r****d!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
if the patches weren't so random, you would really think they've been having a go at wet sanding. lol

Fair effort with that, I hope they were most grateful in saving the £300 in a respray

Here's a revelation for you lot; I did the same when I was twelve. I spilled paint over a family car's bonnet. I was so upset, I spent most of my Friday evening (and pocket money) trying to get rid of it with my nails, some towels, some soap and... yes... a scouring pad!! Luckily my grandfather had some SRP and we hid the marks nicely.

Ah those were the days of less Obsessive Car Detailing!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Put a couple of paper towels over it and soak it in something, most things work in softening it. I use an old QD of some kind.

They certainly weren't swirl marks, scratches definitely. There will still be indentations in the lacquer under close inspection but that's a superb job mate, guy must have been very very pleased!

Not a 320d
Here's a revelation for you lot; I did the same when I was twelve. I spilled paint over a family car's bonnet. I was so upset, I spent most of my Friday evening (and pocket money) trying to get rid of it with my nails, some towels, some soap and... yes... a scouring pad!! Luckily my grandfather had some SRP and we hid the marks nicely.

Ah those were the days of less Obsessive Car Detailing!

Its nice to know you have a soul!