ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot airbag question

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
My car is due its mot soon and the airbag light is on due to me removing them all. I am aware that it will fail due to this but iam surely if i have removed all the airbags from the car the light is now redundant and shouldnt matter???

My car is due its mot soon and the airbag light is on due to me removing them all. I am aware that it will fail due to this but iam surely if i have removed all the airbags from the car the light is now redundant and shouldnt matter???

They only have your word for them being removed. They will fail it I'd imagine regardless..

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Depends on the tester. My light has been on for 3 years and got through every mot no problem, mine is stripped and has bucket seats. Mot places can put them through as rally/competition cars or something like that

the law states all 'warning' lights must go out. Its a safety check for your car, technically if a warning light is on its not 'safe'. That being said some testers will pass it if your a regular for example or they know the car. Taping over the light wont work either as the light has to come on then go out. Might have to get it clipped out.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Cage, buckets seats harness' etc you should get away with claiming its a competition car = pass

airbag light on = fail
airbag light not working = advise
airbag light comes on then goes out after a few of seconds = pass

if the airbags are obviously missing without a cage etc = fail

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Paul at rs removed it with the clip but it didnt seem to work maybe a problem with the module? I also tried the resistor trick and it didnt work i want to remove the wiring really. How difficult is this and will this make the lights go out?

172 Turbo
Cage, buckets seats harness' etc you should get away with claiming its a competition car = pass

airbag light on = fail
airbag light not working = advise
airbag light comes on then goes out after a few of seconds = pass

if the airbags are obviously missing without a cage etc = fail

IF the wheel never had an airbag, then it's not been removed according to my tester, as long as the lights work.

That's why my Sabelt passed.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I think he misinterpreted what it means by "fitted as original equipment " . Original equipment is defined as equipment fitted to the vehicle as it left the factory.
Reason for Rejection 1
image.jpeg

172 Ph1
Couple of scenarios :

1 ) If ECU is still fitted and bags all removed , fit cheap resistors in plugs , lamp goes off for MOT happy days .

2) If loom and ECU are no longer fitted lamp will not come on anyway so that's an MOT advise then .

3 ) If loom is still in car , bags and ECU removed . Then you'll need to find the wire at the ECU plug that earths the bulb .
Snip that f@cker and you'll get no lamp and that'll be an advise [emoji1303].

Hope this helps [emoji1303]