ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Fail

Fiesta ST2 MP215
The Burden of a Clio,

Not sure on the MOT testers here either,

it has failed on play in the steering and steering knocks.

I've known about this but hoped for the best, when driving very slowly or at idle if you gently turn the wheel you can feel a clonk by your left foot and this is what they are referring to.

Is this just going to be Bottom arms or something steering column related do we reckon? Car doesn't wander and at speed over 5 MPH there is nothing wrong at all.

172, Tiguan
It might just be the bushes on the rack. Either way, get it to someone that know's what they are looking for and get it diagnosed properly. It could be one of a few things.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
No they are a bit mong, it says on there 1. Play in the Steering Wheel / Knock when turning.

It is only one knock per turn, and only on the actual start of the turn from left to right and vice versa.

Not the most helpful and will no doubt take a while to find this.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Mine failed for play in the past, turned out to be rack bushes. Clunk would need investigating.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
f**k me I've just remembered I got 15 month warranty with this in April when I bought it. They aren't going to be happy to hear from me after suing them but a deal is a deal good times. It's supplied by autogroup so should be ok.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I also have a clunk when going from lock to lock but it's only when dry steering. I've got a 182 rack sitting around doing nothing if you want it.

Many.
Had this on two clios, was the inner balljoint on the track rod, they are about £20 each and easy enough to replace.