ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Failure on Emissions...Having searched...

clio gone :(
Hello
My Reborn Cup, sigh, failed its MOT on rear brakes (lol) and emissions.
CO 7.98%
HC 326ppm
Lamda 0.784
CO 9.67
HC 403ppm
Lambda 0.739
The garage is adamant that it needs a new cat at £350+ (don't worry, i have seen them on ebay for £115)
Doing a few searches on here looks like lambda sensor for the pre cat have sorted the issue. I can get one from Eurocarparts for £61 and someone can fit it for £30.
But, something occurred to me, recently I did have a misfire which was cured with a set of new injectors (and plugs)...could a missfire damaged the cat and cause it to fail the mot? or do the garage want my ££££? Obviously I know you guys don't have a crystal ball but I'd be appreciative of any advice.
(no EML btw - it used to flick on and off again with the miss, but that is cured now)
Thanks!

dan's cast offs.
christ that must stink!!! bung a lambda on it and see how it goes. had one running 10% but flew through with new lambda on.

clio gone :(
lol it smells lovely. although not affecting mpg as it still high around 37 with operation stack on every 5 minutes!!!