ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Garage (De-Cat..)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi,

If anyone knows anywhere that will likely pass an MOT on a car with a decat - Could you PM me please?

If it works out, sweeties for whoever suggests it! :)

Cheers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You should always plan ahead with these things. A car can actually pass an mot with a de-cat through emissions but it's very rare. My work colleague made a de-cat look like a cat, was very impressive and mot testers none the wiser.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
You should always plan ahead with these things. A car can actually pass an mot with a de-cat through emissions but it's very rare. My work colleague made a de-cat look like a cat, was very impressive and mot testers none the wiser.

Must admit, I totally forgot my MOT was due, still about 5 weeks away so can't test yet, but thought it was worth a go to see if anyone knows anyone. Only fitted my. Exhaust last week too!! I would have waited if I had known.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My scoob passed legally (once hot!!!!) on a long test. Has a cat - though might as well have a sticker saying 'catalytic converter' for all the use it is :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Frp ran a sports cat as standard, never once did any of mine pass the emissions test, even red hot. I'm convinced it wouldn't have passed a month after leaving the factory. It was a proper sports exhaust.

Of course it was no hassle to me but must be a ball ache for owners who use erm... Straight up garages.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Why not just get the garage to swap it over for you?

The labour costs involved/hassle really. But I've had a couple of PM's/texts now so thanks guys! I can get tested at some point next week earliest, so will give them all a call to see who plays ball! I'll stand by my sweeties for whoever has the first garage that does it :eek:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ry, maybe be a bit far for you but I take mine to XPL in Harlow. I've had my BG pass there 3 times with a decat on. They do a genuine MOT and if it needs anything they will give advisories, however they are lenient on emissions if you say your running a decat.

MOT is £30 I think but I always give the tester (Sal) and drink and I'm sorted for a year :)

Last edited:
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Well, I passed my MOT :) Apparently, even if you pass emissions, not having a cat is an automatic fail?

All else was good, except the decat and I have a numberplate bulb out, genuinley didn't know that. Will buy one today/tomorrow. £40.00 for the MOT and £10.00 for the tester.

PM if you want info on where etc, won't post that up here.