ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot on saturday

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all, Got my mot this saturday. Nothing seems bad with the car apart from a tiny problem with the running of the engine and that it sort of splutters every so often which may be misfiring and its had the plugs and leads changed but still no different. Had it plugged in and no error came up etc so unsure on what it could be?

Im just worried it wont pass on the emissions test, i have put some redex fuel cleaner in my car under a week ago and it seems to have sorted it(slightly) but i still have half a tank to go before the redex has been used. But when reading up on it im sure that if i take it to test station with it still in there it is still working on the engine and the crap from the engine has to go somewhere... So on the emissions test it may fail for all i know.(fingers crossed it doesnt)

I may move the Mot back a week as i have booked it in a few weeks early anyways and let the redex work. Then refill with better fuel and then take it for trip down a motorway and back then take it for its mot?

Anyone know what else i could do? Possible oil change with air filter and oil filter??

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Service if it's due, and make sure it's nice and hot when you get there (as long as it's goign straight in!)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
ahh wont have time to get a service done. Suppose if ive got a few weeks before it definitely needs the mot then i can always schedule it for further back to avoid failing and paying again. And yeah i heard that if you leave the engine running it should help it a bit :)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
ahh wont have time to get a service done. Suppose if ive got a few weeks before it definitely needs the mot then i can always schedule it for further back to avoid failing and paying again. And yeah i heard that if you leave the engine running it should help it a bit :)

Not ideling, that's not enough. It needs a good high rev run to get the cat temperature up.

Clio 182
Take it for a lively drive down the motorway, high revs through the gears. iv heard of people failing emissions, taking it for a hard drive, and passing later in the day.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Take it for a lively drive down the motorway, high revs through the gears. iv heard of people failing emissions, taking it for a hard drive, and passing later in the day.

yeah well ive got that redex cleaner stuff in my car at the moment and i want to try run my fuel down before i go for the mot tomorrow so i dont have any redex in the car cleaning still then fill up with the momentum fuel or something along those lines etc :)