ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mouse or Trackpad

What's the general consensus on which is better? It will be for a 2011 27" i27 running Lion. Does the new ios make the pad a better move than the mouse?

Track pad a little too clumsy for that? My main concern is that it'll be fine (probably better) for general use but not much cop when it comes to editing photos for example.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Magic mouse isnt so magic. Use magic prefs to make it better. The mouse is too small for me!

Lotus Elise
For sketchup and catia the mouse is quicker and more accurate for zooming in/out and spinning things around.

lol, I don't really want to buy both if I can help it but sods law I'll buy one and want the other. Mixed opinion in this thread isn't helping my indecision.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
lol, I don't really want to buy both if I can help it but sods law I'll buy one and want the other. Mixed opinion in this thread isn't helping my indecision.

Get the Trackpad. I'll sell you one of my spare unused mice

Monaro VXR
If you have bigish hands, do not get the magic mouse. Will just result in you getting cramps. Buy the trackpad and then invest in a decent mouse that is actually comfortable to use for long periods.

Bought my Magic Mouse and it ended up getting used a few times and then put away. My hands used to ache if I used it for any length of time, do have fairly large hands though.

Ibiza FR
Trackpad for me. I have got both but Magic Mouse has sat there since day 1 looking all lonely!
I thought the Trackpad would annoy me when I was designing and developing stuff, but I have got used to it and it is awesome.

The gestures are so good on it!

Rav4
Magic mouse is far from magic and too light. Trackpad is nice, but can be annoying when doing work, the idea of it is great. Best mouse I have used and still do is the Logitech MX revolution.