ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg

campus sport
hi i put £10 of fuel in my car the other day its a 1.2 16v, and im reading 17.9MPG this cant be right can it??

thanks Arron

Vantage
i get sh*t mpg too

25 on my 1.4

you tried resetting the trip computer?

whats your driving style like?

when was it last serviced?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
How many miles have you done/gallons have you used since resetting the trip?

campus sport
but 17.9 on a 1.2 16v i didnt think it was possible :O , yea i reset it quite often so i get a good reading.

i dont go around thrashing it around everywhere, but when i can put my foot down i will.

erm not to sure its only done 33,000 miles though 56 plate.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If you haven't thrashed it those 20-30 miles then yes that is LOW mpg!

Could be dodgy lambda sensor. It affect the fuel mixture. If its stuffed, it could lead to overfuelling, hence high mpg. There's a fair bit about it on the forum. Worth a search to see. If it is that, don't think its too expensive to replace.

campus sport
thanks for your help i will have a look around to see if i can find anything else on it.

how would i go about checking if it is the sensor or would i need a garage to check this out?

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I noticed I'm clocking 25.8mpg on my 172 since its full service.

So, I'd be pissed with less than that on a 1.2 - unless I was gunning it everywhere.

Clio 1.2 16v
Hey I've got exactly the same 1.2 16v mines a 03 with a much bigger 60k to the clock and I'm hitting 35mpg and I have to say seeing as it's a 1.2 I do thrash it most places, so id deffo get it checked mate.

Renault Clio Sport 182
Yeah i would defo get it serviced.
My 182 averages about 35mpg around town and i can get up to 48mpg on the motor way.
A golf r32 v6 is getting more to the gallon than ur 1.2!!! lol

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What type of driving do you do? Mainly town (ie start stop all the time)?

And stop resetting the computer all the time. It's there to work out an average, not an instantaneous figure which is what you are making it do.

campus sport
What type of driving do you do? Mainly town (ie start stop all the time)?

And stop resetting the computer all the time. It's there to work out an average, not an instantaneous figure which is what you are making it do.

9/10 im in a 30-40mph zone and that does include alot of stopping and starting all the time but 17.9MPG thats stupid :eek:.

i reset it every 100miles surely it would be giving an accurate reading then?