ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

music to my ears

Ok, Im fed up of the sound quality in my 172 mk1. I have a sub and amp ready to go in but I dont really want to buy an aftermarket stereo coz you need the special adapter plug for the stalk controls and you would lose the lcd screen. so people do renualt do a stereo that will go in the clio that has preouts on the back so I can wire in my sub and amp???

any help greatly appreciated.

nope

unless your amp accepts high line feeds

but i believe you can buy some converters that you connect to the speaker cable and it converts it to a similar signal to what the RCAs transmit and has coax connections on the end so you can use an amp without any rca preouts

hope this makes sense, it doesnt to me, but im very tired

if you would rather keep that excuse for a head unit and some silly wee controls, then get an amp that accepts speaker inputs...its not gonna sound anywhere near as good as it should.

Or you could spend some money on the most important part of your system and get a decent hu.

Now alot of people say that even a cheap aftermarket head unit is good enough, but when i had my mates old pioneer headunit in, think maybe it was a 3400...i could clearly tell the difference in quality between his head unit and mine.

so if you want some decent tunes spend a couple hundred on a top quality head unit and go from there!

(essay concluded)

do you know of any websites where I can see what the two above headunits look like.

If I was to keep the original head unit where can I get those preout plugs that bambam was on about above. Guys, monies tight, ive only just bought the damn car so I cant afford a decent head unit or i definately would.

My amp does have a high input but I have no idea how you wire it in, does anyone know how or have a diagram?

Phil.

The high input will be some speaker connections ! The high input means that you can put an already amplified signal into the amp, so if you have one you dont need the RCA converter as the speakers will just be screwed into the amp!