ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

Fuse isn't popping anymore (think that was due to the motor) they just don't work. I had the washer jet squirting, but now even that's stopped. So I don't know! I've wired everything up correctly as far as I can tell...

I've heard it working from inside the car twice. But I'm going to take it apart and make sure everything's right inside and try again. It could be 3 things, wiring, the motor or the switch/stalks. Hmmm...

Argh, just spotted a Lexus LS400 for sale for £995... Must. Not. Buy for 1UZ...

Last edited:
Just drove it home again... Everything SEEMS to be fine. Touch wood.
Having an LSD makes it feel like its got too much power in even second gear :eek: Steps out all over the place! Hilarious fun :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just drove it home again... Everything SEEMS to be fine. Touch wood.
Having an LSD makes it feel like its got too much power in even second gear :eek: Steps out all over the place! Hilarious fun :D
like.gif

Last edited:
Joe, can you hear the pump going for the washers?

If there is only water in the washer fluid there is a high chance that its frozen, so its not coming out?

As for the wipers not working, can't really help. Just check the wiring would be my advice.

No, nothing makes any sort of noise. I reckon its the stalks. Just had to drive half way to work with no lights (full beams on + light left foot braking) due to the stalks. FML.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL and I sold an MX5 that doesnt give you a wet anything to Danielson for pittance. I do miss it, but reading this thread makes me remember... my golf is warmer. (And probably lower trolololol)

Clio 172
In what year did Mazda produce the 4x4 MX-5? ;)

Been steathly following the progress of this thread for a while, looking good for the budget its being built on. As others have said just needs spacers and decking.

Lol! Flared arches and near standard ride height are a recipe for a rally car TBH.

I will be having a go at un-seizing the coilovers soon, then if it's still not low enough I'll get some shorter Faulkner springs made up. It'll be reet.
Still not sure on what to do with the wheels... I love having no grip! So, massive spacers would sort the looks.. kind of. We'll see.

It has no interior/doesn't weigh a lot and it's got massive flared arches with small wheels - of course it's going to look high!

On the plus side, it handles and rides amazingly!