ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 16v Clio

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Got a 1.2 16v dynamique about 2 weeks ago to replace my corsa that i unfortunatley wrote off.

have to say its a much better car all around, the corsa felt really tall and top heavy where as this feels much sturdier. anyway need some ideas on what to do with it. i was thinking maybe tinting the rear lights red (because i preffered the lights on the older clio) and possibly some 17" 182 alloys in anthracite (if thats how you spell it and it is the 182 ones i mean). probably have the diamond in the centre caps white and do the same with the front and rear diamonds. obviously an RS grille and possible 182 rear bumper. let me know what you think. 05 plate, 22k on the clock.

there are only ideas though. and it will be a while before i can start with the cash heavy parts as im skint from buying this! a couple of pics below, bad quality as they were done on my bb.

*edit: dont ask about the seatbelt covers, my girlfriends and my friends find the cars one hilarious,and my girlfriends is the pink one in the back, as she gets demoted when friends are in the car ;)*

IMG00121-20100904-1904.jpg

IMG00120-20100904-1903.jpg

Fabia VRS Special Ed
A great canvas to start on mate :)

As for ideas, there's so much you can do but it all depends on what you like...You can be different or be a sheep and follow the set styles.

The 182 alloys are 16" mate and I've got them on mine, they look good and they ride well, 17" are too big imo and they do effect the handling a lot.

The usual would make your car look a lot smarter:
Colourcode side strips, handles etc.
Lower 40/60mm.
RS grille.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
yea i was looking at the guide before on how to colour code. something i definatley want to do. how much did the 4 alloys set you back? im definatley going to lower it slightly. with LV you dont need to declare it unless you lower it by more than 50mm (pretty sure that was the case anyway) and with my written off car in the first year everything i can keep from them is worth doing.

coil covers are the best option obviously but what other more wallet friends options are there out there?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
yea i was looking at the guide before on how to colour code. something i definatley want to do. how much did the 4 alloys set you back? im definatley going to lower it slightly. with LV you dont need to declare it unless you lower it by more than 50mm (pretty sure that was the case anyway) and with my written off car in the first year everything i can keep from them is worth doing.

coil covers are the best option obviously but what other more wallet friends options are there out there?

If you're only looking for aesthetic upgrades rather than performence, then lowering springs fit the bill...They're a lot cheaper than coilovers and they do obviously improve the handling as they are much stiffer. As you're not wanting to go lower than 50mm, uprated shocks aren't needed...I recommend getting some 40mm Apex/Sportline springs but it depends what you want, the Apex settle and therefore look better but give a much firmer ride, you can certainly feel the bumps a lot more, whereas imo the sportlines don't look as good but ride better lol.

My 182 wheels cost me £350 for the wheels in anthrecite with tyres, but then I had them powdercoated for £300, you can get a good set of anthrecite/silver 182 wheels for -£300.

DCi 100
Get a good set of coilovers, wheels, tires and spacers and go from there. I'll write abit more when I get on a PC or see you out.

Set of 15" wheels - £200
4x T1R's - £130
Coilovers - £400/5/600 depending on what you get. FK highsports are the only ones I'd buy and get them new or from someone you know.

And so on..

Might be a cheap Renault but that doesn't mean there a cheap deal!

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
what 15" wheels can you get for £200??? I quite fancy some turini's in white as they look the dogs b****cks.

at the minute ive decided that as funds are tight seing as i need to pay back my sister and parents who lent me the difference from my insurance payout that the following needs to take place.

car lowered (need to find a decent set of springs cause its cheap)
either get my hands on some turini's in white or get mine sprayed (with diamonds black)(also does anyone know a rough price for this in the manchester area or is it possible to do yourself?)
RS Grille (getting one at payday as my mechanic gets a nice discount at renault as he used to work there)
spray front and rear badge white
tint rear lights red
colour coding the side strips and having the bullet writing in white.
pressed plates

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
quick update. not really anything worth mentioning but im bored so what the heck. ive manged to get an RS grill off the for sale section and that should be arriving tomorrow. also payday next week so im getting some new springs ordered, tinting the rear lights red and hopefully doing the clio diamonds in white. just need some white alloys. im also not enjoying the "tucked" look. need some spacers. anyone got any suggestions?

and hit a milestone with the mileage
IMG00127-20100920-1733.jpg

Stagecoach Ticket
Looks a lovely car

Painting badges is for toddlers mate leave them standard.
Same as the rear lights dnt tint spray them looks gash

If it was mine i would colour code it all round
CTR aerial
Fresh plain number plates from fancey plates or similar
Silvervision bulbs all round
the slam it on standard wheels or o.z. f1s in high power silver
then if your still edging for more mods
Ktec 2.5 recessed exhaust system

Standard + is the new modded max power has had its day

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
i hate the clear circles in the rear lights though. much preffered the ph1 lights. getting pressed plates eventually and i like the idea of coloured badges.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
it had only done 21800 when i got it. so ive done a fair bit of mileage in it. and i got mine of someone on here pal. failing that renault ;)

there is usually someone on here selling one.

Mine came with slightly higher mileage on it (31k, now has 36k)

They look the tits on coilovers mate, theres some cheap ones on ebay at the moment, but he sells out quick.

Get it on its backside!

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
I'll sell you my Ph1 rear clusters if you want? :rasp:

Sounds like you've got a good plan for the car tbh. Although I'd say get yourself a new splitter, it'll change the way the front end looks :)

clio mk2 1.4 16v
How come you want to fork out for pressed plates? Kind of excessive if it's not even a custom plate. I would save my money for elsewhere.

clio 1.2 8v
id say get rokkor coilovers. the origional 172 alloys if you can find any. tint your back lights and sum decent rubber. proxes t1-r.