ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 16v Dynamique

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Well, popped down to K-Tec today and the guys kindly sorted my floppy [c]ock exhaust out (pics to come) so now its nicely hidden like it should be.

Quick mobile picture of her with back all the way down on the adjusters. However........After having the K-Tec guys test drive it, they said that my stearing was light because the back is low? But its actually lower at the front? hmmmm? May have to have a fiddle.

167598_10150139955705992_526050991_7812362_4297583_n.jpg

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the coilovers, I'm after a set for mine but couldn't find any last time I searched eBay :(

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I know! It confused me too. But if your springs are the same as the ones on the left, they're around 75/80mm lower than standard.

And I took that photo BTW, they're the springs I received in the box :)

Ive got the same black springs, s**t me! So how low does the front go?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Okay, so finally got some proper pictures with the back all the way down on the adjusters. Cleaned and a new sticker :) oh and K-tec sorted my floppy exhaust, much better :D C&C

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
cars looking great, im thinking of lowering mine it really needs because ive got a set of 17" Wolfrace's on it :) what size are yours?

Clio 172 2.0 16v
How are the Rokkors mate ? Hopefully should get mine delivered this week and maybe on by the end of the week or next week, depending on when I get time to fit them.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
How are the Rokkors mate ? Hopefully should get mine delivered this week and maybe on by the end of the week or next week, depending on when I get time to fit them.

They are great mate, just when you've fitted them, go and get them set up properly. I didn't so when I got my tracking and camber done it was still off. Going to a performance place near me tomorrow to get its all set up nice and even and sort out the height correctly, then getting my tracking and camber re-done.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
haha, no worries, I was like erm wtf does that mean! Yeah, cheap as chips mate :approve: Really want to go lower than 40mm.

The exhaust is a piece of piss to fit tbh mate, its just hassle getting your old one off if its rusty. Make sure you get new hangers though, if yours are anything like my old one they"ll be fucked and your exhaust will sag.

how many hangers does it require?
thanks

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Nabbed a few phones pics after I gave her a quick clean today, height and everything is all completely sorted, going to grab some spacers for the rear I think soon when I have the funds along with some silvertec bults for the front. You can't see it in these pics but I managed to pick up a bee sting areal which looks miles better :cool:

185779_10150154322645992_526050991_7982627_6972739_n.jpg

182909_10150154322960992_526050991_7982633_7886841_n.jpg

181940_10150154322325992_526050991_7982623_1081766_n.jpg

180782_10150154322410992_526050991_7982625_1234822_n.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
Looks lovely mate. How low is it front and back? If you wouldnt mind having a look at my project thread i'd appreciate it. I dont know how much to lower mine so an opinion would be great.

Thanks
James

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Looks lovely mate. How low is it front and back? If you wouldnt mind having a look at my project thread i'd appreciate it. I dont know how much to lower mine so an opinion would be great.

Thanks
James

Im not actually sure on the height, id imagine about 55/60mm on the front? about 60mm on the back, someone may correct me though.

I'll check out your thread.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
£160.20 for the coilovers
£70 to my mate to get them all fitted
£60 to get it all adjusted and set up

brilliant just what i wanted to hear :D

did you just go to a tyre garage or a performance place as i am fitting mine next weekend (with some slight help from my dad. lol)

What setup did you get done? Camber adjustments? If so how are they aligned, think my drivers front is out of alignment and wearing badly on the inside.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
brilliant just what i wanted to hear :D

did you just go to a tyre garage or a performance place as i am fitting mine next weekend (with some slight help from my dad. lol)

Well I went and paid £60 to get the height and coilovers all even (set up) at a performance place near me, but what I forgot to add is that I paid about £50 to get my camber and tracking all done to, this was all done at a tyre place.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
What setup did you get done? Camber adjustments? If so how are they aligned, think my drivers front is out of alignment and wearing badly on the inside.

I got my camber and tracking done, im running with very little camber tbh, i don't want to much tyre wear.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Well I went and paid £60 to get the height and coilovers all even (set up) at a performance place near me, but what I forgot to add is that I paid about £50 to get my camber and tracking all done to, this was all done at a tyre place.

thanks, really useful information that is, now i just need to find somewhere near me that will do that then

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Do you know exactly the degree? Im running 1 on the front and 0 rear. Although ive got a feeling it's not like this anymore.

Erm without looking at the print out im not 100% but its under 1 degree, like say 0.10 or something like that. Yeah you may have knocked it out, I did that the first day I had it done and I had to go and get it all re-done :(

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
If anyone reads this, would it be worth my while decatting my Clio? Been reading a few bits on it, and I wondered how easy it is to swap my cat over when it comes to MOT time?

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
If anyone reads this, would it be worth my while decatting my Clio? Been reading a few bits on it, and I wondered how easy it is to swap my cat over when it comes to MOT time?

Not on a 1.2, doesn't seem any point... You shouldn't be aiming for speed until you get a bigger engine ;)