ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 clio minimal mod project

1.2 Authentique
Okay so the car is pretty slow but its great on insurance and with a few mods it should be looking great. Bought the car as standard with nothing changed.

First things first: Alloys! IMO the most important aspect to changing the look of the car. Here she is with her new boots...

BYQDAzXIcAAmRCH.jpg

Next was a decent head unit...
(pic coming soon)

To do list:
- black rear lights
- new backbox
- 30mm lowered
- 182 grille

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I don't like the idea of black rear lights. Seems to be a bit backwards, making a light black on purpose? Doesn't look good either imo.

RS Grille is a great idea, transforms the front end. Possibley a K&N57i induction kit? I know this is a popular mod on the 1.2's, the one Inhad on my old 1.2 (also red!) was great.

Mx5
yay 5 door. go for clear side repeaters dynamic spoiler colour coding and a bit lower should look great

Clio mk3
Rs grill,a tidy air filter for a nice sound(i have one on my 1.2 and sounds great!) Colour coding! should look good lowered!

Listerine & Poledo
Would love some thoughts on it and any suggestions for what to do?

Leave it, looks fine as is.
It's a 1.2 Clio Le Shopping. It's not a sports hatch.

Also, 30mm drop means 30mm less clearance for road humps etc. Give that some thought.

Arctic 182FF
If I was you I'd avoid the black rear lights, I'm also not a huge fan of the alloys. You're definitely on the right tracks going for an RS grill though. Consider colour coding, a 1*2/cup spoiler, silvervision indicator bulbs, 1*2 interior etc.
Lowering definitely improves the look of the car, I think you'd need a bit more than a 30mm drop but every little helps. 30mm drop is a lot more practical than having it really low on coilovers.