ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup Baby!

Fiesta ST-3
On Sunday the 8th of August 2010 after selling my beloved Megane Coupe 172 project i set upon my next task.

Those of you who know me well, know that my passion for the Megane is followed closely by the Clio Sport, and particular the Cup. So after many weeks of searching and last minute scrimping and saving i purchased my first D43 Mondial Blue Clio 172 cup.

IMG_0736.jpg

The car spec:

Cup Spec
47k miles
Full renault service history
HPI clear
Cam belt, Aux belt and water pump done at 47k by Renault Cardiff

She really is a minter. But with her problems

Fiesta ST-3
So now the car was settled and back home with me, i set about fixing the problems that i knew about on the car.

My first priority was to have a mechanic look over the car and report what needed doing.

The list he comprised:

New disks and pads
Faulty Speedo sensor
Snapped Coil spring
Exhaust mounts worn/perished

I knew he was being genuine as i was there when he put the car on the ramps and walked me front to back showing me everything.

To add to this list there were a few things i wanted to do to the car

My list

New head unit and speakers (bought by my gf for the coupe)
Touch up exterior bodywork
Refurb alloy wheels

But before any work was carried out i gave the car a nice clean
smile.gif
as she hadnt been cleaned in over a year
ohmy.gif

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
Job one on my list was the speedo sensor. Now i know my way round this engine fairly well after the conversion project so it was rather straight forward. Im swapping the speedo sensor for a new one because my speedo drops off some times. Say if im going 70 it would drop imediatly to 0. Its a common fault on clios and i hope its a perminat fix

IMG_0797.jpg

Here is a picture of the new sensor on the left and the old on the right. To look at nothing would seem wrong but im guessing somthings not right inside.

And below is a picture of the sensor in place. Sorry for the poor picture but its the orange loom piece that enters the top of the sensor.

IMG_0800.jpg

Next its time for the disks and pads

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^Cups settle like that :)

Maket Drayton, you got a black rep bay by chance?

Fiesta ST-3
So now the speedo sensor has been fitted ive noticed the cars idleing slightly better and seening a good return on the MPG at about 38.9mpg at present.

I booked the car into a local garage for new disks and pads that i got an absaloute bargain on and also had....

...coilovers fitted.

I bought the KTR kit for a good price which can be seen here.

coilovers.jpg

And here a few result pictures

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

And a comparison (sp)

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

More to follow. Please excuse the poor pictures, it really doesnt do the car justice and the coilie have settled a little now and looks lower.

Fiesta ST-3
very nice

how do you rate the ktr coilovers? are they any good? give your best raceing driver feedback;)

I havent been able to give them the *test run* i would like yet as i have some serious scrubbing in the arches :(. So until i get that sorted i cant report. But so far so good, the height is good and it sticks to the corners as per :p

Looking good mate, need to replace my speedo sensor sson

Deffinatly worth doing if its faulty. Do it your self, its so simple its unreal. And its improved my cars idle lots!

Fiesta ST-3
Since my last update i have bough new door speakers, new 6x9's to replace the old ones and a tidy Ipod compatiable head unit. Nothing tacky or chavy but something to improve the music quality.

I also replace the head light bulbs as they were either dim or on their way out and i also invested in some Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades.

Below are pictures from a photo shoot i did to practice my night photography with a little bit of LED torch trickery thrown in.

The car is also booked in next week for its camber adjustments, and the day after that for the wheel refurbs.

Pictures.

4940749455_1907bcc904.jpg

4940747781_b27732f7a3.png

4940742415_c961a7768c.jpg

4940740611_ea90c19482.png

4941323698_f9c310a7ac.png

4940722751_3b12915016.png

4940735791_05b5fd49ff.jpg

4941298962_acd002863d.jpg

More updates to follow.

Fiesta ST-3
Update time

Ive bought lots of parts over the last few weeks including

xenons
rear bumper
wing mirror
alloy refurb
detailing stuff

So last week i spent most of it fitting all my new parts. Ive also bought a splitter but have yet to fit that. This weekend i set about detailing the car and here she is. Im also awaiting my centre caps back and i have fresh priavte plates to go on as soon as DVLA get in touch.

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Private plates trial fitted

IMG_0853.jpg

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Looks healthy mate. I do miss my Turinis sometimes. They looked better in Silver IMO but as long as you are pleased with it!

Fiesta ST-3
Some better pics of the splitter and centre caps. Looking to book the car into prospeed next week for an exhaust.

5067471043_7f6509114d_z.jpg

5068094694_77e05b5dfb_z.png

5067436841_e82f94fab9_z.png

5068069102_9a66a28612_z.jpg

5067474749_9a0f8c9400_z.jpg

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Well smart mate!

Does yours rub the arch liners that low? I had to raise mine up as it scraped like mad.

Disastra Coupe
Looking really good pal! The anth Turinis really set it off.

I was talking to you the other day on SaxP about 172's. Bagged myself a nice Flame Red 172 on saturday at a bargain price :D

Fiesta ST-3
Looking really good pal! The anth Turinis really set it off.

I was talking to you the other day on SaxP about 172's. Bagged myself a nice Flame Red 172 on saturday at a bargain price :D

I remeber mate. Ahhh fair play to you. I love Flame Red. Get some pics up or link me if you have already.

Disastra Coupe
I'll stick a progress thread up tomorrow buddy. Giving it a full detail tomorrow with the machine and get some wax on her :)

Yours looks to have the exact stance i want!