ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup is going in for belts/dephaser done tomorrow...

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
Got the car booked in with Andy @ Clioturbo tomorrow for belts and dephaser done. Obviously it'll cure the awful clattering and save pals wondering if it's a diesel I have :rage: but what else should I notice when they're done? More power? Better mpg? Smoother idle and drive?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Are you having the oil and filter changed as well? It's a no brainer to have the dephaser changed on old oil.
Other than that you'll not really notice any differences other than maybe a power increase if it's been timed up incorrectly before, or smoother idle.

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
I believe so yeah. Says so on his website. Drives pretty quick as it is so I'll just be happy to get rid of the noise. Also asked if he can look at my drivers front end as it feels like it pulls itself around too much but has no steering play. And when I accelerated hard today steering right on a dual carriageway, it felt like the front wheel was lifting up :dizzy:

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I believe so yeah. Says so on his website. Drives pretty quick as it is so I'll just be happy to get rid of the noise. Also asked if he can look at my drivers front end as it feels like it pulls itself around too much but has no steering play. And when I accelerated hard today steering right on a dual carriageway, it felt like the front wheel was lifting up :dizzy:
Prob be steering arms then tend to float around at speed when they need replaced