ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup refresh/sprint car

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I would love to do more rallies but I have ran out of cash at the moment. I will probably sell the car and do stuff with the kids instead (which was the plan before I built it)
I would like to do Mull so if I keep it and find some money I will do that, other option is to sell it and hire mates car to do Mull. (Just to tick another box as Manx codriver has asked me to do it)
We will have to see.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I would love to do the Mull rally,always planned to do it years back but never quite came off. Swap yours for mine and I can do it this year :tongueclosed:

dan's cast offs.
I would love to do more rallies but I have ran out of cash at the moment. I will probably sell the car and do stuff with the kids instead (which was the plan before I built it)
I would like to do Mull so if I keep it and find some money I will do that, other option is to sell it and hire mates car to do Mull. (Just to tick another box as Manx codriver has asked me to do it)
We will have to see.

once he said he was going to use it and then sell it :tonguewink:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Not much going on here due to ECP! ordered some inner track rods and gaitors and a brake fitting kit.The delivery arrived today and when I picked the box up thought it was light ! opened it to find No inner track rods just a note saying to follow wtf! I assume they are on back order.
No probs because I can get on with the rear brakes but no there's only 2 bloody pad clips not 4 grr.
Any way what size thread are the TRE 's I presume 8mm but x 1.5mm or 1mm pitch thread ?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Coming along nicely mate :up:

Should of gone to GSF for track rods on the shelf and they'll be the correct ones for cups:tonguewink:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Coming along nicely mate :up:

Should of gone to GSF for track rods on the shelf and they'll be the correct ones for cups:tonguewink:
Do you have a part number ? ECP should deliver today if there wrong I need some asap. I have read somewhere that Kango ones fit ?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
The left hand one is off mine near side middle one is Lemforde other is unbranded!!!
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Where from ? just tried micksgarage but can't find the right part they are 320mm from end of thread to the face that goes on the rack.
Doing my head in lol

dan's cast offs.
am over at efi getting my lads car mapped, won't be able to get over to you but if you want to meet me there can bring the cat and a pair of track rods if you want?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
am over at efi getting my lads car mapped, won't be able to get over to you but if you want to meet me there can bring the cat and a pair of track rods if you want?
That would be great but I've just ordered some, let me see if i can cancel them, how much for the ends?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I have just emailed to cancel them anyway so hopefully its quick enough.
Let me know tomorrow, message or text me and we can sort out meeting up.
Cheers for your help

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Did you buy this from Blackpool? Was looking at buying it same time as I got mine if so, plans so far look good, please update when you get correct track rods as I've got a feeling I need some and read about 16,000 part numbers of the correct ones so far lol, cheers [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Did you buy this from Blackpool? Was looking at buying it same time as I got mine if so, plans so far look good, please update when you get correct track rods as I've got a feeling I need some and read about 16,000 part numbers of the correct ones so far lol, cheers [emoji106]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes this was from Blackpool, you bought the other one I was after on ebay !
Will let you know on track rods I think I found the right ones on micksgarage but have cancelled my order.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I got qh ones. I'm sure the code was for the kangoo but they fit the 182

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
IMG_0997.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG
Today I fitted the inner and outer trackrods, the rubber boots were a pita to get on the rack but otherwise all straight forward enough especially with a tre tool.
Then moved on to the rear to finish off the new discs and pads also used new fiiing kit from ecp.
Refitted the wheels then realised I'd not fitted the dust caps to the hubs so had to take them off again, this is because stripping it down a few weeks ago and not getting round to finishing them off and my senile old memory failing lol

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 82

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I took the car for a quick test drive before and the front end feels nice and tight although the tracking and steering wheel will need the alignment doing which is being done at Blink motorsport who I've used a good few times now as they know what they are doing and also offer set up advice.
At low speed there is a small squeaking noise which was there before which I thought was the rear lowering springs rattling as it was quite low but it's still there ???
Maybe its the inner bushes on the front or rear beam bushes although I could not feel any movement when I fitted the suspension.
Will have to look when I have more time.

Good stuff pal but just a note that the little push clip for the bottom metal rail that support the pads, it pushes through the bar and not like a ring/split pin style like you've done in the pic above. Needs to be right as you don't want the pads coming out trust me! :)

20140924_174947_zps77625a69.jpg

Mine was missing the big pad clips when I got it... made me feel a little sick after I had been driving it round for a while and noticed!

Been a little OCD about them since lol, it's a dodgy design