ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182, Arctic Blue + Cup pack

Renault Sport 182
Hi All,

Well ive had my car now for a couple of months now, in which time ive been mostly preping the car for its MOT, I bought her as a trade sale knowing she needed a few costly jobs doing that i could do over time but due to redundancy progress has been slow due to funds. It didnt help my insurance over doubling when changing the car over to £174 a month due to a pending claim, stupidly i didnt factor that in.

Anyway the claim has been settled (full recovery from other side) and my insurance has gone back to 9 years no claims and job prospects are looking up so Ive decided to start a project thread to give me a bit of inspiration to get her on the road and legal, hope its ok in this section!

Ok, first of all love this forum!, second, from the pics can anyone tell me if my Title is indeed correct and i do have cup packs lol, how do i tell other than the spoiler and wheels?

This is how the car looks now, washed her yesterday and took a few pictures with my iphone so not the best.

ClioPro007.jpg

ClioPro006.jpg

ClioPro005.jpg

ClioPro004.jpg

ClioPro003.jpg

ClioPro009.jpg

Looks like the previous owner didnt wash the under side of the car very ofter, lots of dirt.

ClioPro002.jpg

Got a bit of help though lol

ClioPro001.jpg

Jobs ive done so far but didnt take any pics are:

1, Replaced knacked blowing water filled exhaust with a second hand ebay bargin £40, which was in very usable condition 100 times better than the one i took off. This is temporary though as im going to fit an RS192, i want stainless but not the racket that comes with them so hoping thats a good choice? Also re-hung the heat shield above the back box using larger washers.

2, New front Brembo High Carbon discs and Brembo pads

3, New rear Genuine Discs with Motrio pads

4, Replaced front ABS rings. (pig of a job! lol)

5, Replaced nearside lowerball joint.

6, Fixed head light washers, this turned out to be a trapped incorrectly placed pipes and a sticky valve.

Did a couple of detailing jobs after i washed the car yesterday to get me in the spirit of things.

Wheels before. Lots of TAR.

ClioPro010.jpg

Wheels after. Much better.

ClioPro012.jpg

ClioPro014.jpg

Pasenger side lock before.

ClioPro015.jpg

Then after masking and lots of elbow grease and autosol later.

ClioPro016.jpg

It went dark after that so had to stop.

Dash is lit up like a christmas tree, which is the only thing stopping me from taking the car for its MOT, so got the car on diags the other week which shows these faults.

photo.jpg

So things i need for the MOT now are:

1, Rear left wheel sensor. ( beeped the tracks out ok but the sensor reads way out on the multi meter, the other was a solid 1.1K)

2, Ho2 sensors front and back. (hopeing to get away with one though lol)

Going to get these on Friday (Pay day yay!!) and fit Sat morning, then take her for the MOT and is she passes TAX then shes road legal and i can start on the other pending Jobs as money frees up.

Thanks for looking.

Iain

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice mate. Arctic blue looks so good when clean in the sun :)

It certainly looks like you have cup packs (bigger spoiler, front splitter, anthracite wheels). Only way to tell is to check is measure the bolt spacing in the front hubs.

Non cup - 54mm

Cup/Cup packed - 60mm

Last edited:
  Renault Sport 182
Looks nice mate. Arctic blue looks so good when clean in the sun
smiley1.gif

It certainly looks like you have cup packs (bigger rear spoiler, front spitter, anthracite coloured wheels) only way to tell for sure is measure the bolt spacing on the front hubs.

Non cup - 54mm

Cup/Cup packed - 60mm

Thanks, i love the colour really popped out at me when i went to view the car.

when you say bolt spacing what do you mean? lol

thanks

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I buggered it up :eek:

i'll post a pic of the bolt spacing.

DSC00785-1.jpg

Measure the distance between the 2 bolts spacing and if its 60mm then you have both cup packs.

1st pack is body
2nd is suspension

Renault Sport 182
ahh lol thought i had a virus for a second then lol, right i get ya now on the bolt spacing.

Is that non cup? Will have a measure later :D thanks again

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure by looking at that pic. Youll be able to tell by jacking it up. It has been known that people make them look like cup packs when theyve just put on the cup body parts, so check to have peice of mind. Plus its always good if you want to get coilovers at a later date to know which ones to order :)

Mark

Liquid Yellow R27
Nice dude, I like the bits you have cleaned up. Look much smarter! :)

How did you get the headlight washers working again btw? Mine just don't work.

Last edited:
  Arctic 182
Looking good mate im not far from you and ive got an arctic too haha madness like the progress, keep up the good work.

Renault Sport 182
Cheers for the comments :D

Nice dude, I like the bits you have cleaned up. Look much smarter! :)

How did you get the headlight washers working again btw? Mine just don't work.

Well i could hear the motor going so took the front bumper off to check the nossles but found the tube of the OS to of been routed wrong and they had got trapped when someone had refitted the bumpper at some point. For the NS i took the nossle out the bumper and used a drill bit that was the right size to fit down the white plastic hole on the back of it for support, then carefully pulled the white part that the tube attaches away from the black part using grips, the spring will shoot out so be careful, i then removed the rubber and other bit, then refitted it all and it worked. One thing that caught me out though was the water bottle was low and they dont work if it is, so make sure thats topped up first lol

Renault Sport 182
Looking good mate im not far from you and ive got an arctic too haha madness like the progress, keep up the good work.

Hi mate, where abouts are you? I have seen another Arctic knocking about but im sure it was a lady driving it? Oh do you know if there are any local meets, wouldnt mind meeting a few CS guy and girls?

Thanks

Liquid Yellow R27
Thanks for the advice mate. I had a look the other day whilst I had my front bumper off. The one seemed trapped and the other one isn't even connected. It's been cut and the one end has a screw stuck in it. Seems as though a previous owner has blocked it up for some reason, possibly a leak? Ah well, it's not a major problem that they don't work. I clean it fairly regularly anyway.

Arctic 182
Hi mate, where abouts are you? I have seen another Arctic knocking about but im sure it was a lady driving it? Oh do you know if there are any local meets, wouldnt mind meeting a few CS guy and girls?

Thanks

Hi mate nope im new to all this there used to be some pretty big meets near trafford park early last year but all faded out but yeah would defo like to get to a meet see some ideas and what people are doing.

Renault Sport 182
#Update#

Payday came and parts bought!

New Lambda from NW Performance.

ClioPro011-1.jpg

And Rear Left Wheel Sensor.

Got the rear hub stripped down to fit my new sensor.

ClioPro001-1.jpg

Bit of persuasion and sensor out.

ClioPro007-1.jpg

ClioPro003-1.jpg

Then disaster! Eurocar parts gave me the wrong sensor!

ClioPro009-1.jpg

ClioPro010-1.jpg

So straight on the phone to them, gave them the part code of the renault part and it turns out i need one with ASR? No stock of them and only one in the whole company in leeds so i have to wait until tuesday before it arrives in warrington.

Was we cheese'd off the only thing i could do was give the rear trailing arm are a bit of underseal until i paint them properly in the summer.

ClioPro002-1.jpg

ClioPro008-1.jpg

So this is how she stands now :(

ClioPro012-1.jpg

Think i will take a load more pictures and try and write a guide for anyone else changing their rear wheel speed sensor as you have to take the whole hub apart to get the sensor in.