ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 First Impressions

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

I have only done 400 miles, since last wednesday but thought Id post my views. I am utterely chuffed with it, cornering has simply amazed me for a front wheel driver, as has the power, which i only hopes gets better. no rattles yet touch wood. Only niggle I have had so far, is the slightely offset steering? and the one touch windows, aint always one touch. other wise tho, brilliant.

he means he feels the pedals and wheel arent in line so you feel twisted while driving, ive never noticed it in the 172, try driving a 106 theyre f**king awful for it

I remember driving my sisters Citreon Ax a few years ago, that was fecking unbelievably offset, brake pedal where youd expect the clutch!

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

what i mean is, you drive in a straight line, and the steering wheel aint straight, its steering slitely left, as tho it aint lined up right on the column

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

im fairly sure the trackins ok, i think its a spline like u say loony. otherwise shes lovely just wanna drive her again now

do they get much quicker with mileage? (never had a new car)

my 172 loosened up well with miles. most people seem to have found they seem to pick up better when you are heading towards 20k on the clock but you will definately notice it loosen after a couple of thousand miles on the clock. Dont be afraid to open it up running it in like a girl will not do it any favours. As long as its up to temperature then theres nothing wrong with getting it up in the revs.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

yeh i have sorta started this progress, i just aint drivin it like it all the time yet. she seems to go really good, espec at about 5k rpm! like a little mood swing :oops:

Yaris Hybrid

I sometimes feel that my car is pulling to the right....at least the wheel always appears to turn slightly to the right if you just leave it. The car has never been curbed or anything though.

Ziel Nurburgring

^Torque steer probably. Bet it only happens when your putting your foot down, otherwise it might just be the road condition

Yaris Hybrid

Just driving along a dual carriageway at a steady 50 the wheel seems to be turned slightly to the right. It always seems like I need a slight bit of pressure on it to keep it straight....

Normally if anything I would expect a car to go left with the camber of the road.

Rob,

My 182 is exactly the same, the sterring wheel is slightly to the right when going straight. Mine is in the dealers today to fix this and the frequent problem (and common to this forum) ESP, ABS & Service lights all come on at the same time whilst driving.

Yaris Hybrid

Mine is exactly like that with the wheel turning right slightly but I would swear its not just the wheel incorrectly placed on the spines. The car is going in the direction of the steering wheel so something is making the wheels turn right.

Can you let me know if they manage to fix it and what the problem was? If possible could you just send me a quick PM in case I miss your post? Id like to go to the dealer armed with the info. Could get them to look at the over run knocking at the same time.

Had the same problem with my cup when I got it, steering was off centre to right even when going straight! Took it into Renault and they sorted it... think it was just the wheel had not been put on correctly... once fixed it felt a whole lot better!!

Scirocco GT 210

Quote: Originally posted by RobHardyUK on 22 November 2004

I have only done 400 miles, since last wednesday but thought Id post my views. I am utterely chuffed with it, cornering has simply amazed me for a front wheel driver, as has the power, which i only hopes gets better. no rattles yet touch wood. Only niggle I have had so far, is the slightely offset steering? and the one touch windows, aint always one touch. other wise tho, brilliant.
Bit better than a fiesta eh? ;)

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

yep, reno fixed my steering aswell. still not perfect. think the larger tyres dont help either.

I got mine last wednesday too and am yell happy with it, the steering wheel is a LITTLE of centre on mine but not noticable, i think it pulls to the side of the road sometimes due to the wide wheels sort of TRAMLINING with the road and not because it could be that the traking may be out cos on flat new roads its fine. Havnt given it any real stick yet but ive only done 240 miles and seems loads more economical the my last car a 106 gti probably due to the fact that the clio is standard and the pug wasnt.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by Steve2004 on 23 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by RobHardyUK on 22 November 2004

Bit better than a fiesta eh? ;)

not quite :p

didnt kno u was on here

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

My steering wheel was slightly off when I got my 172, the dealer sorted it pretty painlessly though!